• No promo
    • No music video
    • Not enough radio support
    • Not a good song
    • Good but not unique enough
    • Not enough interest in Gaga

Featured Posts

Laceface

LOADS of radio support, especially here. The promo was 0 until AMAs, Coachella doesn't count. Not having a MV didn't help either

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m shook it spent 5 days at #1 on iTunes after the performance 

imagine a video dropping same day, whew would’ve went top 20/10 maybe 

PedrinniSan

Is a basic and boring song like all the songs you can hear in the Radio right now. Nothing special, just the same kind of song else everyone did but late & at the wrong time.  Her worst single tbh.

Y'all will forget about it in a couple years, just saying. :trollga:

PopThatArt

Let's be honest, is anything these days released by anyone truly a "big hit"? Does anything by anyone truly burst down to earth like a meteor and blow up everywhere like a stick of dynamite, is anything truly as monumental as it once was? Does anything have true impact? and by impact, I don't mean simply getting to number one on itunes or streaming sites, I mean truly impacting culture, society, becoming the song of a generation? Album of a generation? No, we have a few popular singers releasing albums that hit it big for a week or so, but are they memorable? No. 

Like I said, I think the meaning of the word "hit" has been lost, as is simply associated with going to number on itunes. To me that doesn't a hit make. 

When you truly think of the songs in the past decade, the singers and artists of the past decade, how many truly blasted into our world like a meteor, like a burning sun? And who simply gets a couple number ones and fizzle out like a cheap firework, a cheap firecracker after a couple days if they aren't using some gimmick to make a headline? 

Go see A Star is Born

18 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Let's be honest, is anything these days released by anyone truly a "big hit"? Does anything by anyone truly burst down to earth like a meteor and blow up everywhere like a stick of dynamite, is anything truly as monumental as it once was? Does anything have true impact? and by impact, I don't mean simply getting to number one on itunes or streaming sites, I mean truly impacting culture, society, becoming the song of a generation? Album of a generation? No, we have a few popular singers releasing albums that hit it big for a week or so, but are they memorable? No. 

Like I said, I think the meaning of the word "hit" has been lost, as is simply associated with going to number on itunes. To me that doesn't a hit make. 

When you truly think of the songs in the past decade, the singers and artists of the past decade, how many truly blasted into our world like a meteor, like a burning sun? And who simply gets a couple number ones and fizzle out like a cheap firework, a cheap firecracker after a couple days if they aren't using some gimmick to make a headline? 

Sis r u ok? Going thru an existential crisis?

RocketNumberNine
On 13.02.2018 at 6:32 AM, KING said:

Lack of promo sums it all up. She kinda followed the same method as she did Perfect Illusion but used a better platform. :selena:

Thanks to Coachella, JWT, AMAs, and various radio stations for supporting. Overall I think the song was successful without much promotion. 

170417_coachellavideos_slider.jpgtumblr_ozs7wwJLi51r6ckqmo1_540.gifgiphy.gif

u can not made promo five months apart... very irrational.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, TheShameMonster said:

giphy.gif

soccer moms didn't come thru :madge:

No promo. No gain

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Joshie S

After the release of DWUW, Gaga realised that she can release singles without a video and get away with it lol.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

DOJA CAT
19 hours ago, PedrinniSan said:

Is a basic and boring song like all the songs you can hear in the Radio right now. Nothing special, just the same kind of song else everyone did but late & at the wrong time.  Her worst single tbh.

Y'all will forget about it in a couple years, just saying. :trollga:

Excuse Me No

thank u, next

RAMROD

The genre is not that big anymore now. 

Hip hop and Rap are reigning again these days. Even the pop songs released last year, majority have hip hop influence. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• 1 month later...
Inferno

No promo, no music video, and not enough interest in Gaga for it to succeed without those 2 things

ultimately its radio support was more than decent considering its lack of promo and also it doesnt matter that it wasnt unique because its sound fits with contemporary radio/streaming and her vocals are nice and imo make it a little more special than your average generic radio hit

Archived