💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Top 5 Superbowl National Anthems of all time (Gaga at #4)

Mr S

Featured Posts

This is the second list I've seen in the last couple weeks that had Gaga pretty high, and highest amongst younger singers. I'm sure this will get lost in the Grammy shuffle, but I thought I'd post it anyway and maybe bump it next week. OGH are gonna be pissed yet again...

4. Lady Gaga (2016)

Say what you will about the pop star, but Lady Gaga absolutely crushed it. Many were expecting a crazy stunt during the performance, but Gaga kept it under control and turned in a beautiful rendition.

Spoiler

Super Bowl 2018: Ranking the all-time best and worst national anthem renditions

The anthem has seen its ups and downs, from Whitney Houston to Christina Aguilera

by Colin Ward-Henninger

@ColinCBSSports

6m ago • 2 min re

Before a Super Bowl can kick off, everyone tuning in to see the biggest game on the biggest stage is treated to the national anthem. The anthem sets the tone for the entire Super Bowl, so it's important to do a good job. The best part about singing the anthem is that everyone in America is inherently pulling for you -- nobody wants to see someone mess up the most patriotic song we have.

You have to do something pretty terrible in order to sing a bad anthem, but it's definitely happened before, as you'll see. Still, over time, the good far outweighs the bad.

In anticipation of Pink's performance this year, let's take a look at the best and worst national anthems in Super Bowl history.

Best Super Bowl national anthems

5. Natalie Cole (1994)

With the help of the Atlanta University Center Chorus, Cole put a gospel spin on the anthem we had never seen before. It was a big risk to change things up, but it paid off.

4. Lady Gaga (2016)

Say what you will about the pop star, but Lady Gaga absolutely crushed it. Many were expecting a crazy stunt during the performance, but Gaga kept it under control and turned in a beautiful rendition.

3. The Dixie Chicks (2003)

This might be a controversial pick -- maybe I'm just a sucker for a nice three-part harmony. The Dixie Chicks' performance was understated, with just enough character to make it memorable.

2. U.S. armed forces academy choruses (2005)

This was a total group effort from the choirs of the U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Military Academy at West Point, U.S. Coast Guard Academy and the U.S. Army Herald Trumpets. The anthem starts off a cappella and it's good, but it really tugs at the heartstrings when the horns kick in and the flyover begins.

1. Whitney Houston (1991)

Take arguably the best female voice of all time and add in an entire orchestra? The others never had a chance. Whitney gets extra points for the patriotic outfit, as well.

Worst Super Bowl national anthems

3. Alicia Keys (2013)

Great voice. Undoubtedly talented. Speed it up, Alicia! This was officially the longest anthem in Super Bowl history (2 minutes, 36 seconds) ... not a distinction you want to have.

2. Charley Pride (1974)

Granted, there were probably some logistical or technological issues back in 1974, but you can't miss the first line of the anthem. There's really no coming back from that.

1. Christina Aguilera (2011)

Poor Christina. She had the voice and presence to have turned in one of the all-time great performances, but a flub around the 1:15 mark immediately made this the worst anthem ever. Clearly flustered, she butchered the last note as well. The Super Bowl committee should really give her another shot, because she's definitely capable of redeeming herself.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2018-ranking-the-all-time-best-and-worst-national-anthem-renditions/

Rudz Xinc
Just now, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

wait what??????????? #4??? Gaga did the best show ever!!!!! WHAT's WRONG WITH 'EM?????

giphy.gif

It's National Anthem tho :madge:

Look at those clowns

Ryusei
1 minute ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

wait what??????????? #4??? Gaga did the best show ever!!!!! WHAT's WRONG WITH 'EM?????

giphy.gif

it's about the national anthem not the halftime show :triggered: 

Musery

evgenigerm2

Okay, I get it, Whitney is the best, but I expected Gaga to be at #2 at least, like

Q8R5g.gif

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

ShockPop

Maybe Gaga would 've higher if all she did was stand and lip to a pre-recorded track since that's what gets you ranked high these days.

I loved the Dixie Chicks version. The harmonies were beautiful. Whitney is obviously #1, but I'm also ok with Dixie Chicks ahead as well.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

It's National Anthem tho :madge:

1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

it's about the national anthem not the halftime show :triggered: 

Props to me for not being able to read 

giphy.gif

I lowkey had a heartattack

RAMROD

Slay, Mawma!! 

giphy.gif

Modern Queen of Vocal!

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

Maybe Gaga would 've higher if all she did was stand and lip to a pre-recorded track since that's what gets you ranked high these days.

National Anthem are always prerecorded, even Whitney :sis:  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived