Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can we talk about youtube?

SychosSoChic

Featured Posts

SychosSoChic

So if we can all take a break from discussing the N-Word for a minute, I need to rant about something :gaycat:

I'll give you the short version here:

Paul Brothers are just a symptom of bigger issue. Youtube is enabling horrible people with a high sub count and ignoring their social responsibility. I mean when a video showing a dead body is still flagged as Family Friendly, and 2 gay people vlogging gets flagged coz one of them called the other a b1tch, is beyond me, and is obviously biased. I wish Youtube had competition, so that it would be forced to care, but Google would just end up buying them out too anyway.

Anyone else have anything to add or say? Anyone disagree?

I just needed to get this rant out my system :saladga:

And the in-depth version here:

Spoiler

So by now we all know about the Paul Brothers fiasco. Forget then. I want to talk about the bigger problem. Youtube.

Now in gay years, I'm 40 going on Dead. But I remember that not too long ago, there was a time when you could watch obscure anime and tv shows, and even clips of gay p*rn on youtube :air: Those things are mostly gone now...

And I understand and embrace growth and change...

But then came Google+. Then came the whole Wave of Copyright issues. And then the Family Friendly Channel Strikes. And then this new generation of..."Questionable" youtubers, vloggers, or "Social Media Influencers" as they prefer to be called apparently... (:awkney:)

I don't like where Youtube is going. It sucks royally, that my favorite youtubers have to literally beg every video for patreon, TADs, Shares etc, because they're not getting AD revenue on their channels anymore. My favorite Lets Player, literally makes more on Twitch now, streaming live, than she does on Youtube, even with her 1 million+ subs. Smaller, creative channels are suffering nowadays, for BS reasons, we hear about it all the time :smh:

MEAN-FUQING-WHILE :tony:

The Paul Brothers, who have continuously made questionable and insensitive content, and have a history of infringing on the guidelines, have never gotten so much as a warning. I mean through all the drama this week, Youtube did nothing. In fact, the Suicide Video was put on the trending list. It was MANUALLY reviewed by Youtube personnel. after it got flagged And it was deemed acceptable, Logan was the one who took it down in the end. Not Youtube.

In fact, multiple videos criticizing Logan, have been taken down by Youtube. Youtube is actively protecting the Brothers.

I know the Paul Brothers and the other new popular Youtube Channels make a lot of money, and that Youtube gets 50% of everything those channels make. Apparently The Paul Brothers make Youtube 10 million+ a year. So I get it. You wanna protect your assets.

However, just because you're a company, doesn't mean you can forego cultural or morale responsibility. I mean what kind of message is youtube sending to the world if this kind of disrespectful content doesn't get punished, but a Lesbian shooting pixels in a game, won't get ads?

I'm angry there's no other option. That there's no other platform for youtubers to go to, and in the end it probably wouldn't even matter since Google would just buy them out too and start the cold money making process all over again...

*Sigh*

Anyway. I got that out of my system. Anyone else out there feel me? Anyone else feel like Youtube died 4 years ago (at least) and is just a husk now?

giphy.gif

/rant

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

6 minutes ago, SychosSoChic said:

but Google would just end up buying them out too anyway

Tea britneyspearsvmashorrorforggdavi.jpg.e09f080a34ec393c4e3f92625e1472e5.jpg

Amidana

To add on, I remember seeing somewhere which someone, who volunteered at Youtube, revealed Youtube actually DID review the dead body video and just left it monetized and trending #1 until Logan took it down :saladga: 

Drin Lon
1 minute ago, Amidana said:

To add on, I remember seeing somewhere which someone, who volunteered at Youtube, revealed Youtube actually DID review the dead body video and just left it monetized and trending #1 until Logan took it down :saladga: 

Disgusting 

VictoriaWinters

A video doesn't get demonetized because one gay calls another a b****. It'll get demonetized literally just because there's a gay in it.

This is happening like crazy to my favorite youtubers. You get mass demonetized for discussing anything LGBT, religion, mental health, or equal rights related. It's not deemed "family friendly" for LGBT people to be open and happy, but joking about suicide, and racism is perfectly fine! They're catering to right wing conservatives, and to the side that makes them more money. Even trans women who *don't even mention* that they're trans in their videos are getting demonetized just for doing completely innocent makeup tutorials.  

The best thing you can do to support your favs if you have the extra cash, is to support them on patreon or whatever else if they have one.

Xoxo, Victoria

JesseBabe

The even more ridiculous thing about it is is that even with all the negative coverage, and the second viral tweet that is currently going around showing his Japan vlog, he GAINED at least 200,000 subs :fthis:. And his viewers on top of that are defending him! Claiming it was a "mistake". I can't believe the younger generation is condoning this behavior. 

Also, on a side note, I can't stand Youtubers that start patreons. Giving their subscribers sob stories about how their not being able to afford their lifestyle just based on videos and they may have to stop. BIG DEAL. GO out and get a normal working job like the rest of us!! I'm suppose to feel sorry for you while you drive around town in your BMW, with your Chanel bag, and then to go back home to your high rise apartment with a doorman??? I will never ever give my own money to a YouTuber for extra content. If they disappear I'll find someone else and go about my life as normal. 

AmericanGUY

youtube is trying to become the next television (notice how the recent youtube rewinds open with television hosts :oprah:

jenna and julien did a conspiracy on the future of youtube that may help put some of this into perspective

i believe youtube's end goal is to give channel's ratings (i.e. PG-13, M, etc.) and rn the system is still beta but it's scary thought that youtube is putting creator's lifelines in the balance

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

AnnTakamaki

Agree i still feel disgusted by the fact that youtube didnt took down the video & didnt say anything about it cause all the blame went to Logan, everybody know that about youtube but couldnt do anything. 

Archived