Katy More Successful Than Gaga?!?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PanPikus

The kii is that CTTR is on that list, yet, MR is much bigger hit  xDD

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

AlexanderMagno

Well Katy Perry has a lot of radio support. But any song Gaga releases is more impactful than Katy Perry's.

Anyway, Feels is one of the worst songs of all time :fthis:

jaXXXon

Oh God people. 

CTTR spent its entire run in 2017, while MR spent most of its run in 2016. There's a 20 week rule on the Hot 100 and both CTTR and MR dropped off the chart after 20 weeks. The only difference? CTTR spent its 20 weeks in 2017, while MR spent only half of that this year. So LOGICALLY Katy would be higher. 

it depends what list you're looking in. Gaga is higher on Digital Sales and Adult Pop Songs, Adult Contemporary. 

The only reason Gaga is not on the big ones is because she is not a streaming force. Plus the song came out like October last year? Katy's came out 4 months after MR. 

TeenIdle

Here's the tea: CTTR's chart performance was fueled by Katy's radio payola deal. The song was never big on iTunes or in streams (apart from YT). MR, on the other hand, charted only due to its sales. Radio started playing it way too late and it got 0 support from Spotify (+ it was released near the end of last year)

StrawberryBlond

Katy's always been more of a single seller than an album seller, so this was to be expected, plus her album was released this year with a lot more promo. But there is no way any of the songs from Witness have had anywhere near the same level of success and recognition as ones from her heyday. I doubt any of them will be remembered in general in the future, unless it's in a negative light. Gaga, on the other hand is selling better in other ways. Joanne has sold more copies, Million Reasons has been received better than any of Katy's new singles, she's had critical praise and Grammy nominations and most notably, she's selling out her tour without resorting to child-like antics and cut-price tactics. Her recent boxscores have been head and shoulders above Katy's, with bigger attendances and grosses whereas not one date reported back from the Witness tour has sold out as of yet. It's clear that more people are prepared to pay more money to see Gaga live. That's the sign of bigger success in the grand scheme of things. Recently, Elton John said:  "It doesn't matter how many hits you have, if you can perform live, you'll be around forever." That could not be more true in Gaga's case. Even when she's in her 30's, the public interest in her has lowered and she has the lowest album and single sales of her career, she can still sell out arenas and stadiums with expensive tickets at full price. That's a good sign. Katy, on the other hand, has never been praised as a great live performer and from the results from the Witness tour, it's clear that more and more members of the public are waking up to this reality and not even a $10 ticket and a free copy of the album with purchase can tempt them. So, who's winning in the long run? Definitely Gaga.

I hear MR and TC more on the radio though.

I hardly heard any of Katy's singles apart from the CTTR hype earlier this year.

GRIMEZSZ

Right Now Gaga ------> Katy, but at least years ago..

Singles: Katy

Tour:Gaga

Album: Gaga

Legacy: Gaga

Impact: Gaga

Performance: Gaga

Stream: Katy

Gaga is more successful and relevant in many aspect of her career.. in my opinion, Gaga is on the way to being a future legend, Katy unfortunately remains just the girl of the catchy songs and viral videos, but flop now

GRIMEZSZ
3 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Love this gif but where is Bionic and Lotus? :awkney:

so you can see what flop they are, even for gifs they are ignored:reductive:

ALGAYDO

I STILL hear Million Reasons and The Cure when I go to stores or restaurants, but I have yet to hear ANY of Witness’ singles being played anywhere :oprah:

Archived