đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Billboard Charts to Adjust Streaming Weighting in 2018 (no youtube in BB200

TheRoof

Featured Posts

TheRoof
1 minute ago, Doot said:

So If a single song, let’s say Perfect Illusion, sells ten copies on iTunes, then it is considered one whole album sale?

i'm not sure about this  but if you stream a song like PI 1500 times then that counts as a Joanne copie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sillynate
Just now, Doot said:

Yeah it confuses me so much 

Don't worry sis we've got til spring to figure out how to make ASIB soundtrack #1 on every chart in every country :lolly:

8 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

A track equivalent album (TEA) is a term used to describe the sale of music downloads or singles. A track equivalent album is equal to 10 tracks, or 10 songs. TEAs became very important with the rise of the internet, as huge portions of music are now sold as single downloads rather than whole albums.

2 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

i'm not sure about this  but if you stream a song like PI 1500 times then that counts as a Joanne copie

What so then what would one have to do to be considered a tea?

TheRoof

important point 

Streaming on the Hot 100 (and all all-format genre charts) will be more complexly calculated come 2018

Paid streaming (including "premium"/"paid" tiers on hybrid paid/ad-supporting services like Spotify) will be weighed more on the Hot 100 than ad-supported streaming (including "free" tiers on hybrid paid/ad-supporting services)

This means streams on Spotify Premium will carry more Hot 100 influence than Spotify Free streams as i said

This move will also affect the Billboard 200 obviously

However, the Billboard 200 will continue to NOT use YouTube streams and any other video streams (poor miss katherine :bon:)

@Doot @sillynate:poot:

Just now, MarlonBrando7 said:

important point 

Streaming on the Hot 100 (and all all-format genre charts) will be more complexly calculated come 2018

Paid streaming (including "premium"/"paid" tiers on hybrid paid/ad-supporting services like Spotify) will be weighed more on the Hot 100 than ad-supported streaming (including "free" tiers on hybrid paid/ad-supporting services)

This means streams on Spotify Premium will carry more Hot 100 influence than Spotify Free streams as i said

This move will also affect the Billboard 200 obviously

However, the Billboard 200 will continue to NOT use YouTube streams and any other video streams (poor miss katherine)

@Doot @sillynate:poot:

I mean, that I get, which works because I technically didn’t purchase Joanne but I use Spotify premium and stream the **** out of that album (except for hey girls and sinners prayer for obvious reasons :selena:)

this is how I personally justify not buying the album lol

DeleteMyAccount

Why can't Billboard have a Top Streaming chart and keep the Hot 100/Top 200 based on physical sales and radio? We've seen multiple times people using streaming as a way to gain "sales". Tour bundles/discounts also need to go.

TheRoof
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I mean, that I get, which works because I technically didn’t purchase Joanne but I use Spotify premium and stream the **** out of that album (except for hey girls and sinners prayer for obvious reasons :selena:)

this is how I personally justify not buying the album lol

can relate :selena:

33 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

...so is Gaga in more danger than before or no??? :selena: 

Her YouTube streams are so low compared to other female artists so that's a good thing. The other girls won't have the advantage of many YouTube views anymore

TheRoof
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Why can't Billboard have a Top Streaming chart and keep the Hot 100/Top 200 based on physical sales and radio? We've seen multiple times people using streaming as a way to gain "sales". Tour bundles/discounts also need to go.

they suppose that sales are dying and they are right :selena: also it seems that streaming is the future sadly:selena:

buttsicle
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

(except for hey girls and sinners prayer for obvious reasons :selena:)

3 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

Finally, people I can relate to :selena:

WOOHOO YAHAA

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

they suppose that sales are dying and they are right :selena: also it seems that streaming is the future sadly:selena:

It's an iffy system though. It's like the popular vote vs electoral college. 

We've seen how streaming can give certain artists a #1 even though they don't actually sell well. Streaming only benefits the trending artists. I don't care if physical sales are low. Unless physical sales start showing 2K units sold for #1 albums, then that should be the main chart. 

22 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

A track equivalent album (TEA) is a term used to describe the sale of music downloads or singles. A track equivalent album is equal to 10 tracks, or 10 songs. TEAs became very important with the rise of the internet, as huge portions of music are now sold as single downloads rather than whole albums.

A track equivalent album (TEA) :reductive:

8 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

4 minutes ago, TROLLGA said:

Finally, people I can relate to :selena:

I mean, there’s a reason those two songs didn’t make the tour :selena:

TheRoof
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's an iffy system though. It's like the popular vote vs electoral college. 

We've seen how streaming can give certain artists a #1 even though they don't actually sell well. Streaming only benefits the trending artists. I don't care if physical sales are low. Unless physical sales start showing 2K units sold for #1 albums, then that should be the main chart. 

Kygo last album charted in the bb200 with 37 copies:emma: meanwhile madonna RHT dvd didn't chart for low streaming selena.jpgbut sell 3k copies

Isn't this a good thing? This will prevent all these urban novelty songs from doing well because paid account streams will be weighted more. 

Archived