opinion

Rate "Gaga: Five Foot Two" on Netflix

DeanSummer

Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeroen Bloeming

7/10. Idk. It felt empty to me. The music was great. I loved that they used Teeth. But. I was a bit disappointed. It was too all over the place

Not The Real Gaga

But I looked like it was made by a film student on his first day. The audio was really bad sometimes, the editing... not gonna talk about that :awkney:

And although I really enjoyed watching it and loving the fact that we see Gaga from another perspective, there wasn't really that much story or insights

It felt really unprofessional sometimes, but it was a great experience to watch. Seeing Gaga on such an emotional level is unique and make me respect her even more than I already did.

PMKKARDASHiAN
2 hours ago, PrettiestStar said:

no, it's not "only a documentary", it's an expose of the struggles of one human being, who's taken for granted by so many fakers, but still gives everything every day, to satisfy your hungry pretentious asses

Are you the "mommy" girl :oprah:

Smother Em Eh

8.5/10 

And I wish it was like 30-45 minutes longer! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Lextyr97
17 hours ago, ChrisC said:

7/10. The whole thing seemed a bit choppy and random tbh. I wouldn't say I learned anything new or gained a new insight on her. Plus I was expecting her to explain things about stuff like the ARTPOP era, joanne era and what she sees herself doing in the future, as well as see more of the creation process of the Super Bowl, Joanne etc. 

I agree with your commentary, although I'd give it probably a 6.5

Lextyr97

I feel like the movie left out some stuff that should've been included, and included others that had no place being there, for example, the baptism. It felt kinda out of place. It was there but given no significance, so it made me ask why they included it in the first place. 

I wish they showed more of the creative process behind Joanne and the Superbowl, and that she addressed some other stuff from earlier in her career. I guess it really is a movie for the GP cause I hardly seemed to learn anything new, and I wasn't intensely emotionally attached to it  as others, (except during the phone call with Sonja, and when she played Joanne for her grandma). I respect her so much more now after seeing the pain she has to go through with the fibro and whatnot, and how she just pushes through it for the sake of performance. It was heartbreaking.

All in all, 6.5/10 for me.

I would say 8/10. I was afraid it was going to be too depressing to see her in pain etc., but it had just the right amount of those scenes. I loved to see her and Mark Ronson behind the scenes.

I give it a solid 7.  I had to view it twice to fully be able to concentrate on it and the second time helped a lot.  To me, it was interesting enough seeing her in her everyday element. I felt more than anything it is a fantastic chronicle of living with true insane pain. The parts I enjoyed most were seeing her work behind the scenes, trying to get everything perfect for each song, each performance, the Super Bowl, etc.  There wasn't enough of that in my opinion. Overall, it's enjoyable and worth the watch but it's not something I could see myself viewing all that often. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. So yea..a 7. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

DeanSummer

I expected a „Is Mark Ronson a hunty“ thread after thr airing ^^

he get‘s 1 star plus the 4 for documentary makes it 5 stars for me

DS

SCHEISSEMONTRE

For me it's a 9/10 

Netflix Rate: 5 stars  

I love it so much. I felt like i was with her and learning about what it like to be Gaga. The documentary when through so many expects of her life between the early stages of the Joanne era to the Super Bowl halftime show, and touching into the of the BTW and  ARTPOP era. We Also learn a little bit more about her  fibromyalgia.

My conclusion is that She when through the pain of her chronic pain and kept on going through the pain. And I'm proud of her for making this documentary. It was a piece that should be shared with others who have Fibromyalgia and  in general.

Mychal

Archived