💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best R&B-influenced Gaga song?

FfFfFfFF

Best R&B influenced Gaga song?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best R&B influenced Gaga song?

• Partynauseous/ Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe/ Video Phone/ 3-Way/ New Kids on the Block
    • Second Time Around
    • Just Dance/ LoveGame
    • Paparazzi/ I Like It Rough
    • Teeth
    • Do What U Want
    • Sexxx Dreams
    • G.U.Y.
    • A-YO/ Sinner's Prayer/ Hey Girl
    • The Cure

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Choose your favorite R&B-influenced Gaga song. 

tumblr_opahs6EhJ81qff2ilo2_400.gif

Spoiler

Wikipedia about Just Dance: Just Dance is an uptempo synth-pop and dance-pop song. The song combines synths of clipped marching beats, soaring electronics and contains mild R&B-infused beats.

The Guardian: That success seems to have led Lady GaGa to come to some pretty bullish conclusions about her own originality: "I'm defying all the preconceptions we have of pop artists," she recently told one journalist, seemingly confident of a place in the history books as the world's first pretty female singer performing synthesiser-heavy R&B-influenced pop. "I'm very into fashion," she clarified, all previous pretty female singers having apparently performed their synthesiser-heavy R&B-influenced pop clad in stuff they grabbed at random from the George at Asda half-price sale.

Digitalspy: All booming R&B beats, surging synths and Christina Aguilera-esque vocals

Wikipedia about LoveGame: Musically, "LoveGame" is an uptempo synth-pop and electro-R&B song.

Digitalspy: Then again, when she gets the songs right, it hardly seems to matter that what she's singing about - fame, flings, being "beautiful dirty rich" - is shallow. 'Love Game', 'Paparazzi', 'I Like It Rough' and future single 'Poker Face' are every bit as effective as 'Just Dance': bombastic electro-R&B monsters that are almost impossible not to dance to. 

Lady Gaga Superstar about The Fame tracks: while The Fame (2008) ... naughties pop glazed with Auto-Tune and undergirded with R&B-ish beats.

Latimesblogs about Teeth: ..., the EP's closer, is a sassed-out R&B jam produced by new jack swing pioneer Teddy Riley.

Paul Lester from BBC felt that the song was "generic machine RnB" (about Dance In The Dark).

Wikipedia about Do What U Want: It is a synthpop and R&B song featuring 1980s-style synthesizers and an electronic instrumental track.

Wikipedia about G.U.Y.: It is an EDM track containing elements of industrial, contemporary R&B, and house music .

Rolling Stone: For better and for worse, ARTPOP meets the mandate. It's a bizarre album of squelchy disco (plus a handful of forays into R&B) that aspires to link gallery culture and radio heaven. ... But just as ARTPOP gets into a groove of high-tech Pop&B, her creative impulses splinter. She plays hook girl for Too $hort, Twista and T.I.'s thugged-up, self-parodic "Jewels N' Drugs"

Latimes about ARTPOP tracks: But Lady Gaga approaches other fresh modes with more spirit, particularly in a handful of songs that pull deeply from R&B: the throbbing “G.U.Y.” (short for “girl under you”); “Do What U Want,” a sleek duet with R. Kelly; and “Sexxx Dreams,” which proposes a tryst with a lover whose boyfriend is away for the weekend.

The Guardian about Sexxx Dream: Futuristic, electro-tooled R&B slow jams with delicious choruses (dubbed with Do What U Want).

Muuse: All sorts of throwback '80's-R&B ferociousness, blending dirty-minded temptation with a seriously fierce strut a la Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul.

Billboard about ARTPOP tracks: Coherently channeling R&B, techno, disco and rock music as a pop artist.

Scotsman: A-YO is a catchy hybrid of country pop with R&B attitude and hip-hop rhythms.

Wikipedia about Sinner's Prayer: ... consists of instrumentation from bells and whistles, and is a simulacrum of country music, along with R&B and pop.

I-d: A song perfect for the Coyote Ugly soundtrack, Sinner's Prayer is more like a simulacrum of country music, rather than country itself. It's a lead-ish track from the record, and it encapsulates Joanne's intentions more conspicuously than any of the other songs on the album. To its credit, the popularisation of country-r'n'b-pop is something which is seldom attempted, and seldom successful. But Gaga—in collaboration with Fleet Foxes drummer-gone-solo Father John Misty—manages to keep it just cool enough.

Latimes: There’s “Hey Girl,” a duet with Florence Welch that imagines “Bennie and the Jets” as an ’80s R&B jam.

Idolator: “Hey Girl” is full-on ’70s schmaltz and 80’s cheese-R&B, slinking around with pastel synths and a funky chord progression.

Clashmusic: Welch does her best to energise the otherwise languid, repetitive and similarly schmaltzy ‘90s R&B throwback ‘Hey Girl’.

Wikipedia about The Cure: Consisting of finger snap and an electronic dance beat, "The Cure" is composed around an R&B sound. 

The Guardian: ... is built off an unadorned R&B rhythm before rising into a pop chorus.

Latimesblogs about Bad Romance: turbocharged Euro-soul of lead single.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

Where is Paper Gangsta? :crossed: 

The Fame has R&B beats all over the tracks and I didn't found a direct source to link this with this songs specifically so I avoided to choose based on my opinion/ hearing because of how the last pool ended. :selena:

You can vote the II or III option if you like The Fame. :selena:

FfFfFfFF
14 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Sinners Prayer? :derpga:

This time I put all of the sources I was able to find in the spoiler and I underlined things. 

You can disagree if you want, but people heard this so they have to be into something.

8QkWs9l+%25281%2529.gif

Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The Fame has R&B beats all over the tracks and I didn't found a direct source to link this with this songs specifically so I avoided to choose based on my opinion/ hearing because of how the last pool ended. :selena:

You can vote the II or III option if you like The Fame. :selena:

uNtewRg.gif

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, Free My Mind said:

Hey Girl's not there ? 

how the **** can sinners prayer be there and not hey girl?

Uhm, maybe because reviewers said that about Sinner's Prayer and not Hey Girl? Hey Girl is funk.

CHROMATICON
On 22/9/2017 at 7:30 AM, Free My Mind said:

Hey Girl's not there ? 

how the **** can sinners prayer be there and not hey girl?

Hey Girl has nothing to do with R&B :sweat:

Free My Mind
17 minutes ago, adamonionboy said:

Hey Girl has nothing to do with R&B :sweat:

Yes it does...

the beat and vibe of the song is so reminiscent of 2000s r n b

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

what is paparazzi doing here

i hate when critics are deaf

They said even Dance In The Dark is R&B. :selena:

But electro-R&B sounds right for Paparazzi because that song have pretty lush vocals over a techno beat. 

Archived