Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did MT flop?

TSUNAMI

Featured Posts

Miracle
25 minutes ago, Parach said:

Why did Meghan Trainor flopped? :awkney:

I mean, how it's possible to screw up such debut numbers? She had better career start than Gaga and I think that she has vocal capabilities better than 90% of her peers. 

What went wrong? :awkney: 

In what world??????????????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
28 minutes ago, Parach said:

She had better career start than Gaga and I think that she has vocal capabilities better than 90% of her peers. 

giphy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AmericanGUY

just as she was becoming know for her 50's doo-wop songs (a lå AATB) she switched up for an obvious early 2000's album clone on "Thank You" 

"Title" the album isn't bad, i wish she would've just kept up the 50's facade a little longer 

꧁ 𝕛'đ•§đ•–đ•Šđ•© đ•Ąđ•’đ•€ 𝕞𝕠𝕩𝕣𝕚𝕣 đ•„đ• đ•Šđ•„đ•– đ•€đ•–đ•Šđ•đ•– ꧂

It's always annoyed me that her biggest song (and debut) was trying to empower full bodied people, while putting down thinner people. 

She is no better than the reverse. 

All about that bass helped her with creating hype for her debut album but sadly her second album was a flop. The songs on her second album were not as good. Correct me if I'm wrong :blink: 

But then again it could be her label's fault lmao. 

OmgSum1Actually

I think she faded from the eye of the public because she's sort of boring and her music ages like milk.

I love Like I'm Gonna Lose You doe

Shameless selfpromo

River

as for me, she didn't look a nice person, idk how to explain, but she showed some kind of egoism in her face and movements and it kinda made me not want to see her... so I lost interest and didn't even listen to her songs..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

gabeoz

Better career start? Definitely not. Gaga's debut was just about the largest debut in music history. Call again when MT's first two singles are diamond, sells 15million copies of her debut album, and has one of the most successful tours in history.

TSUNAMI
4 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Better career start? Definitely not. Gaga's debut was just about the largest debut in music history. Call again when MT's first two singles are diamond, sells 15million copies of her debut album, and has one of the most successful tours in history.

I was talking first single, not album-wise 

Punktious
6 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Gaga's first 11 singles were top 10s, she had 3 number ones...

I know but Megahan Trainor didn't flop, in general, but compared to Gaga she definitely did

17 minutes ago, Parach said:

Yes, hunty. 

MT numbers were better than Gags

lol no

Gaga had two massive songs and two moderate hits, Trainor had one massive and one moderate... and her album is yet to top The Fame's sales as of August 2009

anyway, Gaga was so famous in 2009 that people weren't consciously making the connection between the girl everyone was talking about and the songs that every radio station was playing. her name felt like an intermission. it was the closest the public ever was to experiencing an encounter of the third kind lol that's where all the alien jokes and the hermaphrodite rumor came from. everyone felt it. you couldn't put your finger on what makes her otherwise obvious shtick work so you had to think of her as more than an entertainer/provocateur. even if you were annoyed and saw her as gimmicky you were still hooked on her presence. that's the word! Trainor wasn't present enough, that's why she didn't stay for longer. sounds about right.

Archived