💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's path back to mainstream success should be a Christmas single

sexy

Featured Posts

Holiday singles have historically done well on the charts and been songs that became defining parts of an artist's discography. Songs like Blue Christmas (Elvis), All I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah), Last Christmas (Wham), Do They Know It's Christmas? (Band Aid), Wonderful Christmastime (Paul McCartney), Mistletoe (Justin Bieber), etc. have done well commercially – each of the aforementioned songs are among the biggest selling Christmas songs of all time – and remain highlights of those artists' careers.

I believe Gaga should release a Christmas single and heavily promote it this year as a way to reassert her commercial presence, and I think it'd do remarkably well given the following reasons: 

1. Combines pop and jazz

She's a fantastic singer, we all know this. Christmas music is the one time a year jazz gets a national spotlight (in the U.S.) and this presents Gaga with an opportunity to show off her vocal chops, her eclectic genre ability with jazz, and add in pop elements for the GP. 

2. Has potential to be replayed every single year

"All I Want For Christmas With You" is likely going to be Mariah Carey's longest lasting single. It's a modern Christmas classic at this point and will be replayed December after December, long after she's out of the limelight (in the same way we all sing along to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" even though Brenda Lee hasn't had a Hot 100 charting since 1973). A quality Christmas single by Gaga has the potential to become a U.S. Christmas standard for decades to come, in the way that pop stars like Elvis, Mariah, and Frank Sinatra have had their songs become in the past. This is something that a non-Christmas single by Gaga couldn't realistically achieve at this point in her career. 

3. Greater chance at chart success

Given that the charts are currently dominated by hip-hop/R&B artists, Gaga releasing a pop single would probably not do so hot. Approaching the Christmas season, however, may present a different story. If a hypothetical Christmas single were strong enough, it's likely she could break through the R&B/hip-hop trend without a fuss because it's Christmas, and Christmas rap isn't really a thing. People'd be more willing to break with what's popular and take to a Christmas pop single. While a regular pop single may not fare as well in January 2018, a really good Christmas single in November 2017 has the potential to smash on the radio as stations play more Christmas-oriented music (and thus more pop/jazz-oriented). 

With a fantastic Christmas single (and I'm sure a Gaga Christmas single would be of the utmost caliber), I think we'd see Gaga return to the radio with great support and would build on the momentum established by The Cure for streaming. Then she'd go into 2018 ready to smash.

Thoughts?

Reality

When I first entered this thread, I was like "Hell, no", but as you explained it, I've been more and more convinced.

I'd be okay if she had a Christmas single :sweat:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

What About Us

I'd honestly be here for more than just a Christmas single. An EP would be even better -- a 4 to 5 song EP.

Promise I'll always be there. Promise I'll be the cure.

gabeoz

Do you know what happened the last time Gaga released a single on a major religious holiday, do you. :selena:

HOTNebraskaGuy
4 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Do you know what happened the last time Gaga released a single on a major religious holiday, do you. :selena:

Yes. Winter Wonderland, 2014 with Tony Bennett. Lots of people enjoyed it. What's your point. :emma:

Spoiler

I know you're referencing Judas, but come on man don't forget the bop Winter Wonderland like that

One, five, ten lay a million on me

AnglerfishbraBENUS
10 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

WHY do people think this song sounds like christmas?  It's like a little 50's and actually kinda Full house theme song-esque but this is not a christmas single 

Xoxo Adriana

Jo-anne chirstmas, my cure mv is delicious

Jo-anne christmas, my cure mv is delicious

Mark Ronson, Lady Gaga Lady Gaga

Mark Ronson, Lady Gaga Lady Gaga

HEREEE WEE GOOO

Werk

Fun story: So one of the radios I grew up listening to obviously has a Christmas "playlist" every year when the holiday comes and Gaga's Winter Wonderland with Tony was played on that radio :lolly: 

Spoiler

I'm sure the radio is a fan of Gaga btw since they still play all of her singles til this day excluding Lovegame, Judas,  You and I, MTN, DWUW, and GUY

2 minutes ago, MJH13 said:

Doesn't she already have a Christmas EP?

She has a live 4-track holiday EP. 2 of the tracks are Born This Way songs. 1 of the songs is a non-Christmas jazz song. 

Only 1 of the songs on her "holiday" EP is actually a Christmas song (White Christmas) lol 

She should re release C2C with like 5 christmas songs. 4 with Tony and one solo. Make that new solo song the single and watch her snatch a cute little recurring hit on the billboard Hot 1000 chart every year (yes Hot 1000).

dannydevito
10 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

She should re release C2C with like 5 christmas songs. 4 with Tony and one solo. Make that new solo song the single and watch her snatch a cute little recurring hit on the billboard Hot 1000 chart every year (yes Hot 1000).

1.there is no such thing as hot 1000

2. why u so mad :poot:

Squeeshy Keety
47 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

We got The Cure :lolly:

Released on Easter Sunday hun, Judas' time has passed

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

Archived