opinion

ARTRAVE: Have you ever noticed...?

JohnnyVersace

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whore

I actually love the concert now that you've interpreted it this way. I thought the whole thing was just ugly and cheesy, but seeing it as a satire makes it one of her best moves actually. 

JohnnyVersace
2 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

This is so extra I'm here for it :selena:

It's borderline petty. She's so pissed that she devoted an entire world tour to sh*tting on her own image and upsetting the management she distanced herself from. :toofunny:

TittyGlitterDance

Loved the tour anyway but if those thoughts are really behind it, and she actually intended that, then I love it even more.

Especially the whole "now performing" at the beginning and the "her hit single" BR part - it never made as much sense to me as it does now.

Find solace in the privilege to pursue, Most people are crushed into servitude

Sneaky Oliver

Well I always see the "Now performing" type of lines as PetGa giving us instructions about the show like she does in the app. She appears in the screens before the main show and talks about the opening acts as well. She speaks before Partynauseous and MJH too

tumblr_mw412grpvd1qkm7iwo1_500.gif

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Blue wig

I agree. But... umm...

*takes deep breath*

#JUSTICEFORRAVEGIRLOUTFIT

Spoiler

Am I the only one who loved that look? it's just so fun and cute and happy! And it fits perfectly the "colour overload" aesthetic that permeates the whole show! :excited2:

Ronk

The concert in Buffalo was much different than what you describe.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Idk... it's a good view, but I don't think it was something she really thought lol.

The introduction ("Now performing, Lady Gaga!" "It's a good time... to light up! Mary...Jane...Holland..." "Now performing her hit single, Bad Romance!") It sounded more like a whole Rave concept with performers. It had the opening acts and Gaga but it was just like a giant Rave...

The Bad Romance outfit was like the heart of the concert. It's straigh out of Japanese culture of Raving and stuff... It was a conceptual piece, even tho there was no "storyline", artRAVE was created to be a real Rave...Or a pop concert covered as a Rave, tributing ARTPOP

But it's an amazing interpretation, I like it

Eurotrash
23 minutes ago, Ronk said:

The concert in Buffalo was much different than what you describe.

How was the concert in Buffalo?

I feel like she was expressing herself about how the way the ARTPOP era was treated and was glad it was over. 

Ronk
6 minutes ago, Bathory said:

How was the concert in Buffalo?

It was wonderful.  I made HD video from my seat.  Here is 20 minutes of highlights from that concert:  https://vimeo.com/100648495

I live outside the space time continuum.

Miracle
2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I was recently watching the ArtRave in Paris, and it dawned on me that the entire show is essentially a giant "**** you" to her former management, and a satire of her career. 

tumblr_n5q1hveY6q1rvvk8yo3_r1_500.gif

Take the opening for instance: "Now performing...Lady Gaga!" (5:20min.) It's dripping with cheesiness, spoken in a bubbly voice while "free my mind" is spoken repeatedly. The music of ARTPOP is dark, edgy, and overtly-electro, yet she presents herself in a typical bubblegum pop fashion, essentially mocking the "Lady Gaga" persona. She needs no introduction, we know who's performing. Yet she sets the show up signaling us that a massive, marketed pop star is about to arrive. 

Further into the show, she covers herself in bar chairs during MJH, and even crawls and oinks on stage like a pig during Swine. 

640?cb=20140829033209

The cherry on top is her rendition of Bad Romance. "Now performing her hit single: Bad Romance!" (1:52:29) She dons perhaps the foulest costume she's ever worn, puts on the clunkiest shoes she could find, and performs her biggest hit in the most garish way. The imagery of Bad Romance is out the f*cking window, and she's doing whatever the hell she wants. She's essentially flipping off her haters, her management, and the industry, and letting her anger and rage take over. 

My point is that nothing is really glamorized in the show (other than Gypsy) in the way she used to during TFB and TBTWB. She's presenting her artistry in a fashion that overtly pokes fun at herself and would undoubtedly piss off people who wanted to control her image. 

Thoughts? Video below. Scroll to the timestamps above to hear the sound bits.

gif.gif

Have we heard the same ARTPOP? Have we gone to the same show? ARTPOP is not dark at all (it may be her lightest album, even more than Joanne) and the show meant to be a rave

Archived