💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is/was "The cure" actually a hit?

zerojk

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

I think it was a hit in AUS but nowhere else though. But I highly doubt gaga even cares about it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter's mom hates Gaga and only likes dance pop and top 40 radio. She is the definition of the gp. My daughter told me the other day that her mom listens to The Cure almost every day. Therefore, in my eyes, it is a hit. Lol

Impostor

The Cure is a complete flop and it's also Gaga's worst single. Sorry but it's the truth.

JustaMonster
2 minutes ago, Impostor said:

The Cure is a complete flop and it's also Gaga's worst single. Sorry but it's the truth.

TC is awesome idk what you are talking about. Also it did well for 0 promo.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

JudasIsAHolyFoo

It was here where I live in Canada, I usually hear it a couple times a day on the radio, and all my friends knew who and what the song was before I showed it to them like the day after it was released

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

NIghtmareElm

Not really.  Imo in order for a song to be a hit, it has to crack the BB top 10.  

River

It was never meant to be a hit, it served a different purpose and it's to raise the streaming..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TimisaMonster

What is considered a hit these days in terms of Gaga... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Not a "hit" by any stretch of the imagination. It's done better than expected considering the lack of promo it's had, absence of a music video, and neglect it's received from its creator. Gaga essentially gave birth to it and then walked out of its life, leaving it to struggle on its own – it has, however, performed well in spite of not having nearly any support from anyone. Radio stations in the country's major cities have picked it up (LA, New York, etc.), Spotify put it on its most followed playlist, and it managed to reach the Top 10 in a few international markets (France, Australia, Spain, New Zealand, etc.). 

Still, in Gaga's home country, I don't think you can call it a hit, but a better-than-anticipated showing given the circumstances. I think you could also make the argument that Gaga didn't release it with the goal of getting a hit. 

Lottie Winters

Heard a crazy fast remix of it at the club last night and everyone went nuts for it.

heygirl

for it to be gaga in the past years: yes.

had it been a JB song it wouldn't be considered a hit unless it charted in the Global Top 50 in Spotify for a long time. 

be kind guys

tomsches

It might have been a moderately successful song on paper, but I doubt most people even know it exists and that's what matters actually

Archived