💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: #18 Katy -92% sales -89% SPS; #1 Lorde 73k/95k

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Scarlet Witch
On 2017-6-22 at 3:39 AM, WideAwake said:

I love how sensitive you are and report my posts, refuting all the points I'm making. Fine, fine, I guess you've finally come to terms with the fact that Katy is still doing amazing and better than Gaga despite not so stellar numbers. 

You stan for a flop who is currently PANNED and TANKING with her latest effort, Gaga won and KARMA hit you and your fave in the face. Suffer! 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/21/2017 at 5:21 PM, Merryem said:

The amount of butt hurt in this post, Gaga really has you shook :selena: 

Considering the lashings the Monsters got from the Kats during ARTPOP, this is truly yall just desserts. This level of flopping by Katy is UNPRECEDENTED, this isn't even her ARTPOP, this isn't even her ****ing Lotus, this is her Spirit Indestructible. Her latest two singles failed to make a single dent in the Hot 100 and left as soon as it came, she's dropping singles faster than Gaga dropped Mark Ronson after Joanne, and she just suffered the LARGEST 2nd week drop by a female pop act EVER, with the help of a tour bundle that released new dates no less. She's being outsold by ****ing Halsey and SZA on iTunes, and this is with th e HUGE promo campaign backing Witness, along with a 3 day worldwide livestream. Stay pressed that talent is winning and Katy is not!

Savage tea.

ALGAYDO
26 minutes ago, IHE said:

Wait Katy dropped a 4th single already? What's Feels?

Save as Draft is the 4th single, Feels is her collab with Calvin Harris, which is gonna be on his upcoming album 

4 hours ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Save as Draft is the 4th single, Feels is her collab with Calvin Harris, which is gonna be on his upcoming album 

Thank you

StrawberryBlond

Wow, I just came back from my holiday to this. I've had so much to catch up on. I was completely disconnected from celeb online/tv media for the 2 weeks, so the only celeb news I've endured has been through gossip magazines which can only put so much down in a week. The only news I've heard about Katy was what she said in her livestream but it didn't mention anything about how bad her new album's been performing. It might put it down next week or the next, though, considering that she did Glastonbury today and whatever happens, she'll be talked about.

I am utterly shocked. I thought she'd definitely struggle to go #1 in the UK, but I thought #2 would be on lock, #3 at the absolute worst. But no, #6 with just over 16k sold. I mean, that's Jessie J level. She did several big promo spots before the release here and she had a lead single at #5. What the hell went wrong? To think Gaga did better than her despite doing no UK promo pre-album and not having a top ten hit is mindblowing. And as for the US, this just shows that having a #1 album doesn't mean you're a success. Do we know for sure that the tour bundle counted towards sales? If that's the case, talking pure album sales here, that only 162k tickets have sold for the North American leg (maybe less, considering not every fan bought tour tickets)? But there's 53 shows, and, in general terms, let's say that each arena holds 13k people, as that's the average arena size (some of them will hold more, this is just a big round figure), there's at least 689k tickets waiting to be sold, and easily more, considering some arenas can hold 14,15,16k more and the Tacoma Dome holds over 19k. As for Australia...Katy was a huge force there with Prism, she's always been popular there. But she performed to 302k there with her Prismatic tour and pulled in a whopping $38.9 million. She performed to 100k people in Melbourne alone. So how this new album has peaked at #2 with first week sales of 5k is anyone's guess. This is oddly mirroring what happened to Gaga with AP - she did a very successful Australian leg with BTW and afterwards, it was like they forgot all about her, with a lot of people never even hearing of the lead single or album. I know she didn't promote there but how can you perform to hundreds of thousands of fans and then they forget all about you just 2 years later? NZ is also not here for Katy this era - only one of her singles have even charted in their hot 100. The way this is going, she might have to cancel any plan to go to Oceania, period. She really didn't have much luck releasing a week before Lorde who is obviously enjoyed in that region and was easily going to take her potential spot at #1 the following week and/or dominate local interest before, during and after the first few weeks. As for the rest of Europe, I don't know how she's going to pull off 2 dates in France with an album that only peaked at #4 or 2 dates in the Netherlands with a peak of #8 or 2 dates in Germany with a peak of #10. Especially in today's market.

This really is unprecedented. I don't even think her political affiliations are anything to do with it like some claim. The public have just given up on her and she clearly didn't have a lot of true fans.

7 others

The hate towards Katy just breaks me, drop is natural, bundles or no album is great, it's the same situation Gaga was with ARTPOP, media, stans and other classes were against her. Give her a break, she's experimenting and trying new things, kudos for that. :golfclap:

RochestrMonstr
11 hours ago, Chronos said:

The hate towards Katy just breaks me, drop is natural, bundles or no album is great, it's the same situation Gaga was with ARTPOP, media, stans and other classes were against her. Give her a break, she's experimenting and trying new things, kudos for that. :golfclap:

Katy's stans were absolutely savage toward Gaga's stans during the ARTPOP era. I think the "rivalry" between the two fanbases is absolute BS, but I also see why Monsters would react this way when Katycats were just as ruthless when the shoe was on the other foot. 

7 others
6 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

Katy's stans were absolutely savage toward Gaga's stans during the ARTPOP era. I think the "rivalry" between the two fanbases is absolute BS, but I also see why Monsters would react this way when Katycats were just as ruthless when the shoe was on the other foot. 

I see what you want to say, I agree on it without a doubt, but hate against hate won't lead anywhere. We, as a fanbase need to be more mature than them, as they say Karma keeps receipts. :cool:

Archived