💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Lorde A Better Songwriter Than Gaga?

John Wayne

Featured Posts

MonsterPaws
51 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

I guess so, Lorde is more focused on the songwriting, meanwhile Gaga is more on the interpretation and the attitude of the song, that doesnt mean that Gaga's lyrics are bad (far from this) but to answer your question

Yes Lorde is a better songwriter than Gaga

THIS.

Generally I'd definitely say Lorde>Gaga

But at the same time they have their distinct styles so it eventually ends up Lorde=Gaga but I  have to admit Lorde is a fantastic writer.

Her writing is so simple but so powerful, and kinda catches you off-guard :giveup:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterPaws
28 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

"Why do we gotta tell eachother how to live? The only prison that exist are the ones we put eachother in" - Come To Mama, Joanne 2016

"I will be right by your side! If I cant find the cure I, I'll fix you with my love. No matter what you'll know I, I'll fix you with my love. And if you say your okay, I'm gonna heal you anyway. Promise I'll be there. Promise I'll be the cure" The Cure, 2017

"Young, wild, American
Lookin' to be somethin'
Out of school go-go'n
For a hundred or two
Some asshole broke me in
Wrecked all my innocence
I'll just keep go-go'n
And this dance is on you

One, five, ten, lay a million on me
Before the end of this song

Young, wild, American
C'mon baby, do you have a girlfriend?
Rain on me a million
I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart

Oh, I
I might not be flawless, but you know
I gotta diamond heart
Oh, I
I might not be flawless, but you know
I gotta diamond heart" 

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ladygaga/angeldown.html

+Dope, Joanne, Girgio Girls, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Monster, Born This Way, Marry The Night, Donatella, The Edge Of Glory, Hair, and many more all beat lyrics from Lorde

As I said, Lorde is a good song writer. But better than Gaga? No way on this earth

I mean no offense, but Come to Mama is the only lyric you used to exemplify Gaga's good songwriting skills :air:

Gaga is amazing, but "I will be right by your side! If I cant find the cure I, I'll fix you with my love" and "Young, wild, American C'mon baby, do you have a girlfriend? Rain on me a million, I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart"?

Gurl, you could've used better lyrics (in your defense those would be the "+ songs" you mentioned :gaycat:)

vanus

i was gonna say yes but then i remembered tfm and bad romance and born this way album ( from the song titles to lyrics and metaphors and themes explored ) so no :usrs:

imma cut a bitch

Damon
19 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Dont do this to me bro:selena:

We'll talk this in bed :lolly:

... and now i just sit in silence.

Quark
14 minutes ago, Stefani Kinney said:

"just ask your gay friends their advice before you get a spray tan on holiday in taipei"

i'd say so :madge:

How are those lyrics bad? The sentence itself is a complete sentence and makes sense with the whole I am rich topic of Donatella. Not liking the content of what she says is not the same as the lyrics being bad. 

Jamesiest

I haven't felt compelled to post on this cult site since like 2009, but this thread makes me wanna speak up :classy: This is a very subjective question, it really depends on what you define as "good" songwriting.

From the very beginning, Gaga has preached that "pop music will never be low brow." This is the woman who said that said Selena Gomez's I Love You Like a Love Song was the best pop song of 2011. She also praised Paris Hilton's Stars Are Blind.

Pop lyrics do not have to be complex to be good. A song like Just Dance, or The Cure, are great examples of Gaga's ability to write straight forward, simple lyrics – and these songs are both wonderful.

Pop lyrics don't always have to be simple either. She's showcased her ability to write complex lyrics with profound metaphors, like Bad Romance, DITD, ARTPOP, Angel Down, I could go on.

I'm a casual Lorde fan, and profound lyrics are definitely more common in her work, but that doesn't necessarily mean one is a better songwriter than the other :lolly:

xoxo Craig
14 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

I mean no offense, but Come to Mama is the only lyric you used to exemplify Gaga's good songwriting skills :air:

Gaga is amazing, but "I will be right by your side! If I cant find the cure I, I'll fix you with my love" and "Young, wild, American C'mon baby, do you have a girlfriend? Rain on me a million, I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart"?

Gurl, you could've used better lyrics (in your defense those would be the "+ songs" you mentioned :gaycat:)

It would be to long to type the whole of Born This Way out so I just left them at + songs :selena:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
22 minutes ago, Stefani Kinney said:

"just ask your gay friends their advice before you get a spray tan on holiday in taipei"

i'd say so :madge:

But the whole song is about eating disorders in the fashion world/models. Its actually quite a deep song

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, Mars Spider said:

We'll talk this in bed :lolly:

Sure thing:lolly:  I'm looking for a Witness to get me through this:lolly:

End Racism Now

ItsTommyBitch
17 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

But the whole song is about eating disorders in the fashion world/models. Its actually quite a deep song

Sis no its not :air: 

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

15jocart
1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

Hair

Hair is like in my BTW top three but in no universe are those lyrics anything but cheesy (they're intentionally cheesy, but they're still cringeworthy).

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Poor Gaga!

You've been Lorded hard today

because your songs are not Lordeecally deep.

Rocket #9

Take off To The Planet

#METAPHOR

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Sis no its not :air: 

"Walk down the runway but dont puke. Its okay. You just had a salad today" :huh: 

End Racism Now

Archived