💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lorde - Melodrama (Album Discussion)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

StressedOut

It's honestly so amazing, and all the tracks just continue to grow on you. Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, Liability, Hard Feelings / Loveless, Supercut (Oh God I'm basically listing the whole album lol). I'm so glad she continues to grow and showcase her great lyricism. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIghtmareElm

So hyped for this but not trying to have super high expectations.  Is it really that good though?  Doubt it can be as good as Pure Heroin.  Has to be better than Witness lol

Morphine Prince

Why aren't more people talking about this album? 

The album is great! 

boneknuckleskin

Great album, no filler :golfclap:

Some of the songs sound alike but I love the experimental sound -- it reminds of FKA Twigs. 

Better than I anticipated based on the current singles, you can still hear some of her old style coming through. :diane:

Sorcerer

Best Pop Album of 2017 so far

Sorry, but Joanne and Divide are shaking to get that Grammy for Best Pop Album

Tom Nook

After listening this album for a few times I can say this is the best album of 2017

homemade dynamite is so good it reminds me of a 2000s bop 

f9ac95f8b950679d9b4fba587c46713d.gif

and The Lourve is so fun I love it 

tumblr_ml05vaHNpA1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

and let us not forget Supercut it's like a modern take on an 80s jam so catchy 

tumblr_oeskisinqN1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FFXSoul91

First listen right now and I'm enjoying it, but it's too short!  I feel like every song is ending right as I get into it.

NCgaga

Hey, this is actually pretty good. I"m about halfway through it. Seems like a piece of work as a whole, and not just a few good singles. It ties together pretty well. Good Job Lorde. 

shame
2 minutes ago, FFXSoul91 said:

First listen right now and I'm enjoying it, but it's too short!  I feel like every song is ending right as I get into it.

Joanne can relate :cryga:

angels forever, forever angels

Liability (Reprise) is the perfect close to the album oh my god :giveup:

She really done did out did haself. :air:

Lorde fed my hunger, watered my crops, filled my bank account, put gas in my car, payed my bills, and cleared my skin. I couldn't believe it. :classy:

#𝟏 𝐁𝐱𝐎𝐍𝐱𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

NIghtmareElm

This is my favorite album since Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.  Where most pop girls try and fail these days, Lorde succeeds.  While the sound is pretty minimalistic, it sounds like a huge luxurious pop album.  Every song is not pop friendly yet could probably be a total jam on the radio (if radio would allow it) because of each song's pure original song and lyrical beauty.  

The sound on each track is memorable and big.  Her vocals never come across as some random coffee shop artist.  They are something truly magical.  There is no filler because Lorde is smart enough to know a 40 minute album means there is no room for failure.  I never found myself looking at my phone to see when the album is over or  because I forgot what the song title is called.  She has created an absolute masterpiece.  It's a shame that it won't get noticed a lot like Witness did.  The album is begging to be a hit machine.  Not only is it a fantastic pop album, an overall fantastic album in general.  Nothing will top this album this year.  The album is a work of genius.

Green Light: An absolute party heavy blast from start to finish.  The perfect way to build up to a big sound.  The production doesn't carry this song to make it a dance heavy song.  It's Lorde's vocals and her lyrics.  10/10

Sober:  One of the most original songs of the year.  Totally original lyrics with her weird vocal changes make this another blast.  10/10

Homemade Dynamite: Production isn't as heavy as I thought it would be but that's not a bad thing and doesn't mean that it's bad.  Lyrics aren't as good as the other songs but her vocals and the catchiness of the song distract from that.  9/10

The Louvre: Organic sound that has a really unique vibe.  Once again fantastic lyrics backed up her raw vocals.  This one kind of got to me because I am still getting over a heartbreak from over a year ago :-(  10/10

Liability: I didn't think I would like this before I heard it.  A lot of indie type pop girls fail at ballads.  The sound is really minimal on this but somehow she makes it seem huge.  The lyrics are heartbreaking and stray far from the stupid cringey ballad lyrics we usually hear from Katy.  A total emotional and heartbreaking song.  10/10

Hard Feelings/Loveless: A lot of the time when a song is split up in two titles, it's kind of stupid.  The production  slowly moves from something kind of familiar to something really groovy.  Lyrics are memorable from beginning to end.  I was kind of worried when I saw the time length.  How did these two songs go by so fast without dragging? 10/10

Sober II (Melodrama) Fantastic production and lyrics as well as her raw emotional vocals.  Just one complaint, I wish it were longer.  This is like a short sample you get an ice cream shop.  9/10

Writer In The Dark: Once again Lorde has another emotional filled song without getting cheesy.  10/10

Supercut: I feel like this is a sequel to Green Light.  It baffles me how she can turn a dance ready song into something really emotional and meaningful.  10/10

Liability (Repise): Great way to end the album.  Just wish it were LONGER! 

Perfect Places: Extremely catchy and fun.  It doesn't depend on it's catchiness though.  Her lyrics and vocals carry the song the most.  This needs to be a single on the radio.  It has so much potential to be a huge hit.  10/10

Nobody has made dance music and blended it with such great emotions since TFM.  This might be her at her talent peak.  The album took 18 months to make and it shows off the hard work.  I don't care how much tickets are, I have to see this talented perfumer.  

Archived