news

Kathy Bates won't be in American Horror Story season 7

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

I wish they'd just end this show already tbh. The best thing it's had going for it is the actors, and with Jessica and Kathy both out, the future doesn't look fantastic. Wrap it up before Evan, Sarah and Angela decide to move on. Go out before you become a parody of yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...
Bradley
On 6/7/2017 at 5:33 PM, ryhanna said:

I wish they'd just end this show already tbh. The best thing it's had going for it is the actors, and with Jessica and Kathy both out, the future doesn't look fantastic. Wrap it up before Evan, Sarah and Angela decide to move on. Go out before you become a parody of yourself. 

Actually no, Roanoke was considered as the second best season right after Asylum and I happen to concur. A lot of fans enjoyed Hotel as well.

The only season which I didn't enjoy as much was Freak Show, the other five were to me brilliant, and I'm happy it's still going on.

En_Sabah_Nur
19 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Actually no, Roanoke was considered as the second best season right after Asylum and I happen to concur. A lot of fans enjoyed Hotel as well.

The only season which I didn't enjoy as much was Freak Show, the other five were to me brilliant, and I'm happy it's still going on.

ALL of THIS ^^

Don't forget Murder House tho!  :poot:

Egypt. W

elijahfan
On 06/06/2017 at 3:03 PM, Unites said:

Kathy Bates = AHS

No Kathy = No AHS

She only came on board on season 3, and AHS was already excellent thus far. As much as I adore her, the show can do without her, the same way it could do without Jessica Lange.

freebit

So Angela is likely not appearing (or very lightly, if at all), and now this. :madge:

I really like Sarah Paulson, but she's kind of becoming overused for AHS. I feel like they are relying on her to be their "heavyweight" actor, but it'd be nice if they found some more big talent beyond the usual Ryan Murphy regulars from Scream Queens and Glee etc. I'm talking overlooked, talented actors. For example, it was nice seeing Harry Dean Stanton pop up on Twin Peaks last week. I feel AHS could do with more that caliber of casting. 

Overall and more importantly though, I know we focus on the cast, but I hope they overhaul the writers. I'd like to see a full ~auteur~ type of season where they have someone like say, Guillermo del Torro, Stephen King, Mary Lambert, or even someone like Lucrecia Martel (whose work has an eerie bent to it) to come and write and direct a season. 

Bury Me

The show will be just fine without her, and it's not like there's a continuation between the seasons... I actually feel that her roles were always so weak. I'm sorry but Iris and the bearded lady were useless. Not surprised she decided to not return this year.

• 2 weeks later...
courtneylove

I love me some Kathy Bates on AHS but she kind of seems like a bad luck charm. About mid-season through Coven was when people started to lose interest in the show, and this was her first time on the show. She stuck around and kind of became the Jessica Lange (obligatory Oscar winner co-lead) of Hotel and Roanoke, and it just didn't work. Kathy, girl, I love you enough to let you go. 

BRING BACK JESSICA LANGE, TAISSA FARMIGA, & ZACHARY QUINTO 

Sailor

It's actually working to their advantage, though, because if Jessica Lange were to ever return, the hype would be unbelievable.

You can have too much of a good thing sometimes. Take it away and you'll go nuts for it when it comes back.

Much like Gaga's albums. :neyde:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Archived