Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Katy getting more attention than Gaga on UK radio?!

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

Capital FM (the biggest radio station in the UK) spins Bon Appetit twice as often as they do The Cure. 

Radio 1 has The Cure on the C-List, whereas Bon Appetit is on the A-List. 

The Cure has overall done much better than Bon Appetit, I don't ****ing understand. 

THIS is why I hate Katy so much.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modern Ecstacy
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

THIS is why I hate Katy so much, she loves taking the spotlight from other artists. 

Well it's not really her fault...

OBEY

Stop the drama, start the music :neyde: 

Gaga is #6 on overall UK radio and radio 1 c-listed her so she'll rise even more next week anyway so she's doing good.

OBEY
Just now, Modern Ecstacy said:

Monsters always looking for a new reason to hate someone, but what's new :chica: 

Haroon

Katy doesn't choose which list her song lands on so I don't see why you'd need to hate Katy for that :confused:

theahsfan
1 minute ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Katy has been exposed many times to pay the radios, so it's not surprising

She's such a snake ugh

takemetovenus
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

THIS is why I hate Katy so much, she loves taking the spotlight from other artists. 

Like this was a deliberate plan by Katy to outshine Gaga :air: She released a song and it just so happens to be getting more spins than Gaga's new song on Capital FM. She has no say in what they play and what they don't, and before you chime back with "payola!!!11!!!11", there's no way to know for sure but it seems doubtful Katy would pay only one radio station in the UK to play her song.

tldr; reach for the stars

prince

Katy is headlining Radio 1s Big Weekend so they're going to push her music, she always sells and her demographic are probably also the demographic of Capital, just easy to listen to pop music so of course they're playing her. 

Edit: Also Katy is putting more intrigue and effort into her music career rn, Gaga and her team are obviously not thinking about the song right now so nothing will happen

OBEY
Just now, theahsfan said:

She's such a snake ugh

:rip: You need to put your emotions into something more productive in your life sis

dit

Gaga has had a string of flops in the uk. Katy hasnt really massivly underperformed there the same way gaga did. They trust their audience will prefer katy's music over gagas.

Is it fair? Yes and no. But it is what it is.

BibleThisWay

Isn't she doing BBC's Big Radio Weekend thing? ofc they're gonna support her lol 

Greg

Radio 1 are obviously pushing Katy because she's headlining their Big Weekend festival. The exact same thing happened when Gaga headlined it back in 2011. 

Dirtyicecreamz

Because Katy's team is more on point, that's it. If Gaga wants more spins than her team can send checks to radios like KP does.

Stop the music, Start the drama.

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

Sorry, this is true. Idk why I said that, I've now edited my post. 

Archived