💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

IT Trailer #2

mariomania1234

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

He may be 'attached', but they scrapped his screenplay and hired the writer of Annabelle to pen a new one instead... In an interview Fukunaga mentioned how after the project changed studios, the difference in visions was the main source of conflict and the reason he was booted of the project - he wanted to make a meaningful film with fleshed out characters, the studio wanted a runofthemill horror with jumpscares... Sorry to disappoint, but this will not be setting any standards and considering how disappointing Annabelle was at the box-office, I don't think this film will perform very well either... 

Um...

Box office

Annabelle was a major box office success, earning $84.3 million in North America and $172.6 in other territories for a worldwide total of $256.9 million.

North America

In the U.S. and Canada, Annabelle is the fourteenth highest-grossing horror/supernatural film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annabelle_(film)

Annabelle SMASHED at the Box Office, pal. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker

Annabelle: 

Rotten Tommatoes - 29%
Metacritic - 37
IMDB - 5.4 (90k votes)

Does it still count as a smash hit when it was for the most part disliked? 

Also, didn't make as much as the Conjuring... and certainly didn't get nearly as much critical acclaim... 

I guess they did get their moneys worth since it only took 6 million to make - you get what you pay for xD

28 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Annabelle: 

Rotten Tommatoes - 29%
Metacritic - 37
IMDB - 5.4 (90k votes)

Does it still count as a smash hit when it was for the most part disliked? 

Also, didn't make as much as the Conjuring... and certainly didn't get nearly as much critical acclaim... 

I guess they did get their moneys worth since it only took 6 million to make - you get what you pay for xD

I made no mention of reviews or ratings. I never stated that Annabelle received glowingly positive reviews. I pointed out the inaccurate claim you made about the box office numbers of the film. You stated it was disappointing at the box office which refers to financial numbers, and it was not. It was an extreme box office success.

ANNABELLE

Budget $6.5 million

Box office $256.9 million

THE CONJURING

Budget $20 million

Box office $318 million

CyanLights
2 hours ago, YaaaasGaga said:

I'm still pumped for this movie, but I'm so upset with what they did with the clown. I mean, he looks LESS scary and creepy than in the original version. Plus, they've made him a cliché horror movie character for jump scares, whereas he was scarier in the original because he would lure kids and make them trust him and be really creepy and unnerving before killing them. That's what made him scary! 

pennywise.jpg

I agree with all of this tbh. The clown in the original looked like an everyday low budget clown but in this new one they purposely made him scary which is a weird paradox but yeah 

CautiousLurker
7 minutes ago, Doot said:

I made no mention of reviews or ratings. I never stated that Annabelle received glowingly positive reviews. I pointed out the inaccurate claim you made about the box office numbers of the film. You stated it was disappointing at the box office which refers to financial numbers, and it was not. It was an extreme box office success.

ANNABELLE

Budget $6.5 million

Box office $256.9 million

THE CONJURING

Budget $20 million

Box office $318 million

Fine, I'll change my statement - that movie was a disappointment, and It remake will probably be as well... There, happy :nails: 

7 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Fine, I'll change my statement - that movie was a disappointment, and It remake will probably be as well... There, happy :nails: 

lol, thank you.  

We shall see what happens with IT.

En_Sabah_Nur

I can't ****ing wait for this, Jeepers Creepers 3 & The 2nd season of Stranger Things!!  

tenor.gif

Egypt. W

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently halfway through the book, and DAMN.

It is insane how much they cut out for that TV movie, thankfully, aside from some necessary changes, they are heading in the right direction for the new film by keeping true to the book.

Even Pennywise is closer to his described appearance.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:16 PM, CautiousLurker said:

He may be 'attached', but they scrapped his screenplay and hired the writer of Annabelle to pen a new one instead... In an interview Fukunaga mentioned how after the project changed studios, the difference in visions was the main source of conflict and the reason he was booted of the project - he wanted to make a meaningful film with fleshed out characters, the studio wanted a runofthemill horror with jumpscares... Sorry to disappoint, but this will not be setting any standards and considering how disappointing Annabelle was at the box-office, I don't think this film will perform very well either... 

The Fukunaga script for the film has been leaked online, just read it and it's almost exactly what we have seen in the trailers, aside from a scene or two. Looks like they chose to go with his original script. 

CautiousLurker
9 hours ago, Doot said:

The Fukunaga script for the film has been leaked online, just read it and it's almost exactly what we have seen in the trailers, aside from a scene or two. Looks like they chose to go with his original script. 

So anyone who is claiming the trailer looks stupid because the original writer and director dropped out...lol they got rid of the unnecessary sheep ****ing scene and kept most others. 

1) How do you know it was the finished version of his scrip? For all you know, they leaked their version of the script on purpose, it's not like they can't do it - they can also effectively shut anyone who took part in that project up since the first thing you usually sign when joining a project is an NDA...
2) Sometimes execution matters more than the scrip (case in point, The Revenant), and Fukunaga already has a critically acclaimed movie under his belt, Andres doesn't...

I also like how you felt compelled to quote me how many weeks later? It really gets to you when people don't like things you like, huh :poot:

11 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

1) How do you know it was the finished version of his scrip? For all you know, they leaked their version of the script on purpose, it's not like they can't do it - they can also effectively shut anyone who took part in that project up since the first thing you usually sign when joining a project is an NDA...
2) Sometimes execution matters more than the scrip (case in point, The Revenant), and Fukunaga already has a critically acclaimed movie under his belt, Andres doesn't...

I also like how you felt compelled to quote me how many weeks later? It really gets to you when people don't like things you like, huh :poot:

I quoted you weeks later simply because I'm currently reading the novel, and the movies and TV thread on this site is dead. I've been very active on Reddit and wanted to share this on here, I could care less if you disagreed with me on the movie. The quoting you wasn't a negative thing as you are taking it. 

CautiousLurker
1 hour ago, Doot said:

I quoted you weeks later simply because I'm currently reading the novel, and the movies and TV thread on this site is dead. I've been very active on Reddit and wanted to share this on here, I could care less if you disagreed with me on the movie. The quoting you wasn't a negative thing as you are taking it. 

You know you can start a new thread, right?

2 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

You know you can start a new thread, right?

I'm not tryin to get yelled at by the mods, I already have a warning. :sweat:

• 1 month later...
OOPS22

Stoked that "It" is officially rated R! 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

RAMROD

And Y is for YAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!! :applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Archived