💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Any1 having trouble digesting the cure?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Oscar

Anyone having trouble digesting the cure? 

This isn't a thread of hate....more like one of guilt. I honestly feel bad I can't wrap my head around this song. Its just so basic. The thing is, she has worse songs in her discography but its okay cause they're weird or experimental but not boring like the cure

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne23
1 minute ago, Oscar said:

This isn't a thread of hate....

but not boring like the cure

Girl, i was with you till the end part. 

(I love TC, I was just accepting your thread until that part)

Emigrante

No, I dance to it when I

travel to work

when I'm at work

when I'm after work

when I'm home alone

when I'm home with my friends and my family

New year's eve? I dance to The Cure

18191157_1488289954522659_1267756543_n.g

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Evan Peters

THis thread would have made more sense 2 weeks ago tbh

anyways stream it on Spotify 

emma roberts is an abuser

Reality

You shouldn't feel guilty for not likely a song. People have different tastes and different perspectives, that's just how it is.

Spoiler

But if you listen to it a few more times maybe you'll start to like it :hor:

🃏🖤👹

takemetovenus

Maybe stream it on spotify a couple times, or buy it on itunes and see if it sounds better :trollga:

The Surrealist

I don't get what's basic about it. This is the kind of music Gaga did before Born this Way.

Pray4FameGa

Have you given it a fair chance and a few listens?

Because initially i too thought it was super basic and boring but it actually really grew on my and i think it's super catchy and very repeatable.

The slick RnB verses, the bridge with her vocals and the guitar being plucked, and the catchiness of the chorus, "And if you say you're ok...Promise I'll always be there", they're all really great.

Oscar
3 minutes ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Girl, i was with you till the end part. 

(I love TC, I was just accepting your thread until that part)

I was just stating that i feel guilty because the song is so basic ...actually bow that I type this out I see my fault. Woops 

DeanWinchester

Nah, that's okay. I hate Eh, Eh and I think that is even more basic. Also there were points I grew tired of MR but I kept streaming it.

As should you with The Cure :ladyhaha:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

swordstalker

I agree. The song is fine, but as one of the critics said, it lacks a sense of danger that we've had with every Gaga lead (except for Just Dance). I don't think there's anything very memorable about it, but I appreciate that it's important to release a safe song to remind everyone that Gaga is a real hit maker. This is her Just Dance. Now we just have to wait for her Bad Romance. 

Oscar

Theme wise it isn't really anything different then scars till your beautiful or im gonna stand by you. 

Oscar
3 minutes ago, swordstalker said:

I agree. The song is fine, but as one of the critics said, it lacks a sense of danger that we've had with every Gaga lead (except for Just Dance). I don't think there's anything very memorable about it, but I appreciate that it's important to release a safe song to remind everyone that Gaga is a real hit maker. This is her Just Dance. Now we just have to wait for her Bad Romance. 

Just dance was still relatively ahead of its time sonically though

Reality
1 minute ago, Oscar said:

Theme wise it isn't really anything different then scars till your beautiful or im gonna stand by you. 

The theme shouldn't have a huge impact on what you think about the song though, in my opinion. Of course, Gaga's known for writing songs that have very inherent artistic meansings, and in my opinion, The Cure's meaning is perfectly fine. It's about healing something with your love and being "the cure" for them.

I mean, look at Just Dance's meaning. It's very superficial, despite the fact that it had a catchy tune and was an international sensation.

🃏🖤👹

That J

Try taking The Cure once every hour for 12 hours.  😉

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived