opinion

The Ungratefulness of This Fanbase

exoskeleton35

Featured Posts

AphroditeLaydee
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

This isn't true though 

She was really nervous fans wouldn't like the music

And she specifically said she didn't think fans would like Marry the Night at all I believe.

Yeah of course Gaga is the artist and she has creative control, but the fans also have the right (and duty) to voice what we like and dislike. 

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that Gaga was nervous about releasing Born This Way, but I was talking more about how much the era was dedicated for the fans, that it was pretty much about us as much as it was about her.

And I do agree that we have the right to voice out what we dislike, but only to voice it out in a way that is respectful and criticizing in a way that is helpful. I don't believe that right allows us to literally talk sh*t about Gaga and drag her at all times, which is the focus of this thread: About the ungratefulness of the fans who talk sh*t about Gaga just cause she isn't satisfying what they alone want. 

And some fans keep acting entitled like Gaga owes them something, which she doesn't. If the we weren't here for her, she'll probably just have another set of fans who possibly might be kinder to her than us.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

I don't think any fan has said something like "this album is ****" without trying to explain their feelings. No Gaga fan is that stupid, or that ignorant. They don't like Joanne, they don't like The Cure, so what? If you really love Gaga's new music, you should be listening to it and be unbothered by the haters.

But no, no Gaga fan "drags" her without developing an opinion. In fact, the fans who always love whatever Gaga does are the ones who rarely justify their love.

And you, so-called "stan since Just Dance", should understand "haters" better than anyone. You know why? Because Gaga changed IMMENSELY. It's only natural that some fans who fell in love with Gaga years ago find hard to identify themselves with her nowadays. And you know why they talk about it? Because, in the end, they still love her and have huge respect for her, and they are sad that "this" Gaga is not reaching them the way she used to, the way they want to reach someone who they admire.

Emigrante

Lol and funny thing I noticed (as a person that is very easy pleased with what Gaga does) is that during Joanne era there were same people that were praising her which I agreed with, and now same users that bashed Joanne are prasing The Cure and I agree with them now too. xD

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

AphroditeLaydee
4 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Why are you so upset, if you love Gaga that much enjoy her! Simple as that. Don't spend so much effort bringing down the haters, just go listen to her music.

It's become rather hard to enjoy Gaga in this forum when a lot of posts bash her, y'know :poot:

Constructive criticism is great and allows deep discussions which I personally enjoy, but the unnecessary draggings and downright hate that is on this site sometimes? Whoo mama :cryga: 

xoxo Craig

No offence, but where did this outburst come from?:oprah:

People are allowed to express their opinion here, and if they dont like Joanne then they are more than entitled to express that. I love Joanne (except from Sinners Prayer:awkney:). But if people dont like it then its totally fine. It doesnt make them toxic or fake, it makes them a real fan. You cant like everything Gaga does, and if you did then you wouldn't be real. 

I think you need time away tbh:awkney:

End Racism Now

AlexanderMagno
Just now, AphroditeLaydee said:

It's become rather hard to enjoy Gaga in this forum when a lot of posts bash her, y'know :poot:

Constructive criticism is great and allows deep discussions which I personally enjoy, but the unnecessary draggings and downright hate that is on this site sometimes? Whoo mama :cryga: 

But what "unnecessary draggings"? Seriously, I know lots of fans aren't appreciating her new music, but what does that have to do with dragging her?

That J
26 minutes ago, HarleyQuinzel said:

I never got the complaint about "lack of danceable songs" on Joanne. 

You bet your sweet ass i can get down  to A-YO, John Wayne, DiC, and PI

You should see the sweat my body puts on some Sinners Prayer when I'm in the mood. Lol. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Princess Stache
34 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Joanne hasn't received even half the hate ARTPOP did so idk why this thread was made for Joanne lmao

And just because someone dislikes Joanne doesn't make them and fake fan or toxic. Gaga should know what music her fans do and do not like and I think she's strong enough to hear feedback. 

Oh yes it has.  People in this fan base generally like ARTPOP better.  I'm fine with Joanne, but people love to bitch.

AphroditeLaydee
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

But what "unnecessary draggings"? Seriously, I know lots of fans aren't appreciating her new music, but what does that have to do with dragging her?

Tons of unnecessary draggings, sis. Dragging her for getting cheek implants, claiming she's lazy, acting as if they'd know better about her career, bashing her for releasing the cure and 'abandoning' the Joanne Era when she's literally about to tour the album, calling her stupid about not releasing the RedOne tracks, being viscous when they want her art to conform to what they want, shaming her for promoting Million Reasons, dragging her for not releasing DIC as a single, and even now there's a thread open pointing out how Gaga has 'betrayals' (which is true, but the way it's structured isn't exactly kind or neutral).

And even if the fans don't appreciate her music, they should do just that: Don't appreciate it and pay it dust. Rather than plaguing this fan forum with hateful comments, they should do as you say and focus their energy on something else. This thread wouldn't exist if they did.

Spoiler

Also sorry im kind of a mess i may not fully know what dragging means but i mean like insulting her and hating on her... that's dragging, right? :toofunny: 

i joined the forums when joanne was released & have been a fan since 2008 & woooooooowww i was suprised at how low a lot of people on here stooped to state toxic hate and negativity. i mean y'all went WAY beyond criticism. and the people that always come out of the woodwork to defend that hate & negativity...you're right everyone has an opinion, but why since october have there been multiple negative threads in every gaga related section of this site about gaga? look i am someone who participates in the consrtctive criticism of gaga & i do not agree with all her choices. but i respect them & thats the difference between one side of this site & the other. the side OP is pointing out is the side that doesn't respect gaga. i hate coming on here and seeing multiple negative threads or threads that turn disrespectful. a lot of times people think they are funny and make "jokes" and insult bodies of work & gaga herself. i hate people on here who act like none of this is happening and don't see how negative they are and how much it, as a whole, effects people's experience on this site. and they always think their negative threads, opinions, and views are WAY more important than having fun, insightful, constructive discussions! 

IT IS OKAY TO HAVE NEGATIVE OPINIONS, IT IS NOT OKAY TO THINK YOU'RE FUNNY BY BEING HATEFUL & DISRESPECTFUL.

:grr: :grr: :grr:

RonnieGagz

I don't really see this much here. In the Brazilian Gaga fansites the number of fans complaining by nothing is so much higher. And the pop fan base fights are beyond ridiculous.

That's why I joined this site , its more mature than a lot of other ones and we can actually discuss things without all that drama.

EDIT: People will always be unsatisfied with something. I'm not saying its cool to bash Gaga, but at this point she should already have learned to just don't care about it and follow her own mind.

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

heygirl
56 minutes ago, exoskeleton35 said:

My favorite hypocrisy is the same fans who are upset about the lack of danceable songs on Joanne are now upset because they claim the cure is too generic. Like are you ****ing kidding me? You've spent the entire Joanne album campaign bitching about how Gaga's changed and she stinks now, because there's no danceable bops on the album, and then when she releases a ****ing top 40 danceable bop you say it's too generic. GTFO. And for the ****ing record. Perfect Illusion is a danceable bop, as well as Dancing in Circles, so I don't wanna hear it lol. 

this. this. this. this. YOU ARE AMAZING AT PUTTING WORDS NEXT TO EACH OTHER TO FORM COHERENT THOUGHTS (unlike me :laughga:

i cannot agree more with this

be kind guys

M I M I Z

Everyone here has the right to say their honest opinion about Gaga's work and u have no right to tell anyone to stop. You can't force people to like everything Gaga does.

So what if they did not like Joanne???!!!!!!

I for example didn't like BTW, ARTPOP, Joanne, and didn't even listen to C2C so what??

I'm a fan of TF and TFM Gaga.

@M I M I Z you're right. and there is a huge difference between negative opinions & people being disrespectful & ungrateful. no one is infringing on the freedom of speech, rather people and OP are pointing out the difference between the people who always have to find something wrong and go far lower than 'negative opinions'. 

Archived