• Last Reply
Moebius

The ARTPOP hate :giveup: 

1. ARTPOP 10/10

2. Born this Way / The Fame Monster 9.9/10

3. The Fame 8/10

4. Joanne 6/10

:nails: 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

The Fame Joanne

TFM

TF

Joanne

BTW

ARTPOP

Love all of them A LOT tho. Gaga has yet to disappoint me with an album :D 

ThomastheMonster

For me its

Joanne

ARTPOP

The Fame/Monster

Born This Way

Now more than ever I am relating to Joanne so much, and I truly understand it... I feel like it's an album about strength. I listened to the album w my boyfriend of two years for the first time and we just broke up a couple days ago... so in the spirit of Joanne I am staying strong... 

ARTPOP is just so fun to me, TF/M are great albums and BTW is just way too long for me tbh... LOVE them ALL though

domixwodix

1. Joanne

2. TFM / ARTPOP

3. TF

4. BTW

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

juju

Ok here's the tea: 

1. Born This Way / Joanne [TIE]
Both extremely cohesive and streamlined to perfection; both develop an overall concept and vision, with the execution 100% supporting both's individual journeys; both solid and replayable; both were vastly different from the "general" pop sound during the times when they were released, 2011 and 2016 respectively; both feature some of the strongest songs in her entire career. Both elevated Gaga to new heights in her career (BTW artistically, Joanne sonically). Both are timeless and will be remembered as turning points in her overall career trajectory. 

2. ARTPOP
While all over the place, it generally executes Gaga's initial visions during her career (combining performance art with pop music) extremely well. The highs are very high, and the lows are mediocre at worst, therefore leveling the album to be quite substantial when paired with her other work. Sort of the cumulative moment of her early career (2008-2014) and definitely contains something for everyone. The most "Gaga" album of her career, thus far.

3. The Fame Monster
Upped the stakes of Gaga's artistry, really laying the ground-work for what was to come; solid production that, although a bit dated, has somewhat of a timeless appeal. Inspired pop for the following few years.

4. Cheek to Cheek
Besides the novelty appeal, it opened up new lanes for Gaga's talent; expanded her reach beyond simply pop music, and undeniably placed her in a league of her own. A very necessary moment for her career to continue on in the best of possible directions.

5. The Fame
A cute starting point, but ultimately only an experiment at being a superstar - sort of like her warming up before the big game. 85% of the album sounds dated (as of 2017); even the hits don't stand out against album tracks that appear later in her career. Ultimately not a reflection of her capabilities, and other than nostalgic value, it serves no purpose in being a representation of Gaga's artistry.

giphy.gif

//end thread

❤ x ❤

GagaTheExplorer

In terms of bops:

TFM > BTW > ARTPOP > TF > Joanne

In terms of lyrics:

BTW > TFM > Joanne > ARTPOP > TF

If the albums were days of the week it would be like this:

Monday = TF

Wednesday = TFM

Friday = ARTPOP

Saturday = BTW

Sunday = Joanne

petty

joanne hasn't aged as well as i hoped. i feel like it's more of a chore to listen to these songs after the hype is gone. i appreciate the album for what it is, and it is probably one of her most cohesive works yet, but it doesn't have the impact of TFM or BTW, imho.

monketsharona
Just now, PETTY said:

joanne hasn't aged as well as i hoped. i feel like it's more of a chore to listen to these songs after the hype is gone. i appreciate the album for what it is, and it is probably one of her most cohesive works yet, but it doesn't have the impact of TFM or BTW, imho.

Yeah I feel the same tbh... I kinda overplayed it at the start and now not even playing it anymore... Still a very good album like all of her records but this one didn't really got me in long term.

Archived