💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

So he likes Lady Gaga, but who are those ****ing psychos she wants to get away from? Isn't it unfair to say that about the people who let her hang around in the studio with Mark Ronson, Bloodpop, Beck, Father John Misty, Florence Welch, etc., and make great music? Poor Lady Gaga who must work for psychos like that.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
truthteller
2 minutes ago, Oivind said:

So he likes Lady Gaga, but who are those ****ing psychos she wants to get away from? 

RedOne :reductive:

that's why she scrapped 7 out of 8 songs they wrote 

#Trolling

Zazekina
3 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

No, he said in another interview that he liked to work with Gaga because Gaga wrote the music and she got involved in the creative process, he said that Beyoncé is nothing more than a talentless doll to which they write and do all the Work and he did not like working with Beoncé, only with Gaga.

https://portalheyladygaga.blogspot.mx/2017/02/father-john-misty-revela-que-su-single.html

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.547fa5e0-e89d-11e6-8c81-758bddaab57f

I understand your point, but what I was saying is that he wanted to write those songs cuz he knew he would get good money and recognition. Cuz both Gaga and Beyoncé are pop stars.

So, why would you say you don't like mainstream music if you already worked with the biggest pop stars alive?  Dykwim? cuz, almost the entire world knows Gaga is talented AF, but she is part of the pop culture.

If you don't like that industry, you keep yourself far from it, don't work with pop stars, get money and recognition and then talk crap. Better don't say anything at all.

But that's just my opinion lol. xo :hug::gaycat:

https://soundcloud.com/zazekina/otra-vez

Miel

I kind of get his point, and he's probably more correct about the pop industry than not, but wow did he come off as awfully condescending and fake deep.

3 points in and ready for more

takemetovenus
1 hour ago, NotGeigh said:

Guys I don't think he's comin for Gaga, he's just saying how popstars are burdened with pressure to make something that feels like a big hit. He is more indie (@ the monsters dragging him for not being heard of) so his artistic integrity is 100% more of an option + priority. That's why some artists like Gaga and Bey come to work with him, so they can work with someone who doesn't prioritize audience reception over quality + artistic integrity. 

tumblr_oh6qj0cx8U1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Whispering
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

It happens very often, especially with indie artists who occasionnaly work for big pop stars. When a record is released everything is fine and few weeks later they are criticizing / shading. 

Anyway like I said earlier I didn't even thought a bit that she could / would work again with 90% of people who worked on Joanne. 

Which he isn't doing here. He loved working with Gaga, he just dislikes what popular music and the industry in general are doing to creative, talented artists. 

She could. If the next album is something that will benefit from their collaborations, she would.

Also, completely misleading title. You didn't understand what he was saying in this interview. 

monketsharona
24 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Which he isn't doing here. He loved working with Gaga, he just dislikes what popular music and the industry in general are doing to creative, talented artists. 

She could. If the next album is something that will benefit from their collaborations, she would.

Also, completely misleading title. You didn't understand what he was saying in this interview. 

Cool :)

2 hours ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

No, he said in another interview that he liked to work with Gaga because Gaga wrote the music and she got involved in the creative process, he said that Beyoncé is nothing more than a talentless doll to which they write and do all the Work and he did not like working with Beoncé, only with Gaga.

He did not say Beyonce is a talentless doll, and I don't think he means that, either. You shouldn't put words in his mouth. He just didn't like working like that. I think he said he was sent some tracks and asked to write lyrics. With Lady Gaga he was jamming, and he said he had a lot of fun.

13VictorC

This is why Gaga doesn't need to collaborate unless she REALLY knows the person and what they believe. :interestinga:

CheapGin

I think he really just means that being in the commercial mainstream comes with an enormous amount of pressure to please and pressure to sell and that is what makes pop stars "prisoners" always looking for their next "sound", he sees the struggle of the musicians within them that can no longer just really be pure musicians, because of their status they can never just be the essence of their artistry without it being diluted by pop culture!! But its all v ironic considering Gaga's decent to stardom with her self aware themes of fame, money and entrapment but we all know Gaga isn't happy with that aspect of her life its no news. But not need to be pissed at FJM for saying what is true.

merlot
12 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I think everything she said about her time working on this album with 'the perfect team' was a ****ing mess tbh. To me it always felt exaggerated to promote a coming album. 

Mark my work most of the people she worked with on Joanne won't be back. 

good :duck:

bitchimtrying

He's probably just saying that for his reputation as an indie artist. Working with 'popstars' is seen as working for the man, which people who make music like him are all about and some of his contemporaries might have lost respect for him. Idk.

Archived