💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meryl Streep ENDS Karl Lagerfeld

manicholic

Featured Posts

manicholic

Meryl Streep has released a statement in response to Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld‘s false accusation that she would be paid to wear a dress at the Oscars.

The legendary actress and her stylist Micaela Erlanger had been in talks with the fashion house to possibly wear one of their designs at the Oscars, but they decided to go with another brand. 

Lagerfeld then incorrectly told WWD that the 20-time nominee chose to go with a designer that would pay her to wear their dress. 

Meryl‘s rep released a statement denying the accusation and her stylist later clarified what happened in the communication with Chanel. The brand also apologized for the mix-up.

Now, Meryl herself is speaking out to slam the designer and the publication that ran the story. 

Lagerfeld also spoke out and she references his statement in her own.

Karl Lagerfeld:

“Chanel engaged in conversations with Ms. Streep’s stylist, on her request, to design a dress for her to wear to the Academy Awards. After an informal conversation, I misunderstood that Ms. Streep may have chosen another designer due to remuneration, which Ms. Streep’s team has confirmed is not the case. I regret this controversy and wish Ms. Streep well with her 20th Academy Award nomination.”

Meryl Streep’s statement

“In reference to Mr. Lagerfeld’s ‘statement,’ there is no ‘controversy’: Karl Lagerfeld, a prominent designer, defamed me, my stylist and the illustrious designer whose dress I chose to wear, in an important industry publication. That publication printed this defamation, unchecked. Subsequently, the story was picked up globally, and continues, globally, to overwhelm my appearance at the Oscars, on the occasion of my record-breaking 20th nomination, and to eclipse this honor in the eyes of the media, my colleagues and the audience. I do not take this lightly, and Mr. Lagerfeld’s generic ‘statement’ of regret for this ‘controversy’ was not an apology. He lied, they printed the lie, and I am still waiting.”

giphy.gif

http://people.com/style/oscars-2017-meryl-streep-karl-lagerfeld-chanel-response/

http://www.justjared.com/2017/02/25/meryl-streep-fires-back-at-karl-lagerfeld-says-he-defamed-her/?=morehere

There's nothing harder for people to do than admit they were fooled.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BLACKOUTbritney

BURN HA 

END HA

NICKI AND KARL -R.I.P - 25th of February 2017

tumblr_inline_okd9d7xvhG1qcm4iq_540.gif

Smarticle

CLOCKT :applause:

I love her single quotation marks around his 'statement' :giggle:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

Gagaloo911

Not really here for that kind of an attitude from her. She should learn some chill. 

Bette Davis

Good. 

I've never been able to stand him. He's a horrible human being and has the worst style. Hopefully Chanel dumps him.

giphy.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Rat Boy
9 minutes ago, BrianxRyan said:

You guys think everything is a drag. 

DRAG us! :giveup:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

donutellha

Meryl Streep ENDED ha and chanel

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Archived