Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This

SEXODUS

Featured Posts

youandi
Not a fan of this at all. I'm a massive Coldplay fan but this is essentially just Chris Martin singing over another generic Chainsmokers instrumental. Before people say Coldplay have sold out, Chris/Coldplay has worked with plenty of other artist that are nothing like 'what coldplay are known for' such as Kanye, Jay-Z, Tove Lo, Madeon and Rihanna. They have said before that they're willing to work with nearly anyone who wants to work with them if they can make it happen, I just wish they'd pick people better than The Chainsmokers :wacko:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OliverViennese

@Coldplay

l41YfykEffZ7QM55m.gif

Spoiler

obviously talking "Parachutes"/"A Rush of Blood to the Head" era :awkney:

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Coldplay have been on a downward spiral for years. Each album they release they go more pop instead of sticking to their guns. They remind me of Maroon 5. Sell outs.

PartySick
4 minutes ago, youandi said:

I've merged your thread. SEXODUS beat you by about five minutes :green:

The Carcinogens strike again :applause: another soon-to-be #1 song that I don't like :poot:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

youandi
Just now, PartySick said:

I've merged your thread. SEXODUS beat you by about five minutes :green:

The Carcinogens strike again :applause: another soon-to-be #1 song that I don't like :poot:

Yeah I realised haha! It wasn't there when I started, I just took too long haha

Morphine Prince

Everyone saying Coldplay "sold out" is wrong. Chris Martin has worked with artists across the spectrum many times. 

I love the Chainsmokers' songs. Many of you seem to just instantly hate anything with their name on it. 

Anyway, I like this song but it could have been better. 

Roses, Don't Let Me Down, Closer, All We Know, Paris, and this are all bops. Seethe, haters. 

youandi
3 minutes ago, Biotic said:

Coldplay have been on a downward spiral for years. Each album they release they go more pop instead of sticking to their guns. They remind me of Maroon 5. Sell outs.

Viva was no more Pop than X&Y, Mylo Xyloto was poppier than Viva but it was basic generic pop, it was still very Coldplay and authentic, Ghost Stories was less poppy than Mylo as it was an ambient/indie synth album. A Head Full Of Dreams is very poppy, yeah, but they hadn't done something like that before so I'm glad they did one.  A feature on a Chainsmokers song though is no indication of what there current or next sound is though

SEXODUS
5 minutes ago, youandi said:
Not a fan of this at all. I'm a massive Coldplay fan but this is essentially just Chris Martin singing over another generic Chainsmokers instrumental. Before people say Coldplay have sold out, Chris/Coldplay has worked with plenty of other artist that are nothing like 'what coldplay are known for' such as Kanye, Jay-Z, Tove Lo, Madeon and Rihanna. They have said before that they're willing to work with nearly anyone who wants to work with them if they can make it happen, I just wish they'd pick people better than The Chainsmokers :wacko:

I speak for myself but when I say "sold out" I mean they had a pretty solid, unique identity both lyrically and musically speaking for about the first five albums. They somehow lost it going from there. I don't care or know what the reason might be but, damn, they were so good. Chris knew how to move me, how to make me dream, and I'm just sad the music now it's just about following what others are doing in order to sell a little bit more. 

Archived