Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Gaga silent now?

QueenTam

Featured Posts

nattuggla
47 minutes ago, Hailey said:

Because she's nothing more than an opportunist. She was gung-ho anti-trump when she was under the impression that he wouldn't win. Notice also the language and her wording with regards to those potentially attending the superbowl. It's all straight straight straight straight. She's about as politically concerned about other people as my rectum is. The only person she cares about, creepily, is her papa. Hmmmmm.

She also tweeted and protested against Trump AFTER the election!!! So your point is not valid!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
8 minutes ago, princetomc said:

Well she campaigned for Hillary when people needed to hear it and she fought for people to vote for her and when Trump won she was with Hillary when she lost and then protested at Trump tower. Doesn't nearly every celebrity support LGBT rights but they weren't all at a vigil for the victims of the Orlando shooting? Also not every feminist was at the march? I was at home doing work, could have gone but I didn't, it doesn't mean I don't support women? We know she supports equal rights but if she couldn't make it to the march then that's ok, sometimes people can't do things. She's a pop star, as much as she says she's an activist, she's an entertainer and she chooses to be vocal about topics; she doesn't have to be at every protest and every march to show her support. People are acting like every female on the planet was there and the ones that weren't supported Trump and hate women, that's ludicrous. She was busy, that's why she wasn't there. Why do people suddenly forget Gagas support and activism in the past when she misses one rally, protest or march? :toofunny:

Thank you for being so level headed about it. I know it was a Saturday, but believe it or not, some people still have work to go to on Saturdays. Hello, the retail industry? If everyone stopped working, the country would go down the tubes, so no, not everyone could attend. That was a very good point you made about not every LGBT supporter being at the Orlando vigil and no one cared about that. Just because not everyone could go doesn't mean that they support Trump. God, people just need some rational thought before they put anyone down.

While there are a lot of people supporting these women, there are also a lot of detractors. Go to any conservative outlet and you'll see thousands of thumbs up on every comment that says something along the lines of: "Look at these idiots, I used to like them, not any more." Gaga doesn't need this just before she's about to do the SB. At any other time, she could try this, but not right now. No one does anything risky just before they do the SB, it's common sense. It's not fair that she'd have to enter her headlining gig with potentially half the stadium against her because of something she said about Trump shortly before. She wants this to be a comeback gig that people embrace her for and she deserves it. Throwing away this golden opportunity for Trump is not a choice she should have to make.

Laceface

She's busy.. probably one of the busiest she's ever been in her entire career. You're thinking too much into it

display name

Well, we already know where she stands and where her passions lie. I mean, she was quite vocal not that long ago. If she chooses to be quiet for once, so be it. It doesn't negate anything she's done or said.

22 hours ago, QueenTam said:

I am not trying to be shady or say something bad about her, I know she is a fighter and an amazing woman. But I am curious to be honest.

Why was she silent during inaugurtion and today's epic Woman's March? Many celebs have been vocal during it and many celebs even attended the march.

Is she scared she'll get the backlash at the Superbowl or is she waiting to make a big political statement there?

i think the second one 

Tatiana Kyles

Tellerphone
12 hours ago, petedagrk said:

Why would she need to make a political statement at SB? Thats not even what its about. Theres no need all she should do is background images of peace and whatnot.

Because she Has claimed she's an activist. That she's quiet now is telling. Either she will address this before Superbowl or during , or she stays quiet in order not to piss middle America off and get more sales. I hope she doesn't stay quiet. And I  hope she doesn't wait weeks after Superbowl hype has died down to speak up. That's not being an activist.

giskardsb
8 minutes ago, Tellerphone said:

Because she Has claimed she's an activist. That she's quiet now is telling. Either she will address this before Superbowl or during , or she stays quiet in order not to piss middle America off and get more sales. I hope she doesn't stay quiet. And I  hope she doesn't wait weeks after Superbowl hype has died down to speak up. That's not being an activist.

you all are creating a false dichotomy.    Basically looking for an excuse to blame Gaga when she doesn't meet your expectations.  She can't win with this fanbase when it sets up "tests" for her to pass out of peoples own whims and expectations.

Tellerphone
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

you all are creating a false dichotomy.    Basically looking for an excuse to blame Gaga when she doesn't meet your expectations.  She can't win with this fanbase when it sets up "tests" for her to pass out of peoples own whims and expectations.

No! Its called putting her money where her mouth is. Not just when it's convenient for her or self-serving. When you call yourself an "activist" , you better live up to that.

If you're going to talk the talk you better be able to walk it.

Stop victimizing her.

That's all.

Shitwrecked

She's probably keeping her statement for the Super Bowl. 

Gaga: An orange isn't my president and he shouldn't be yours either. 

*Americano's violin starts weeping*

• PartySick locked and unlocked this topic
PartySick
35 minutes ago, lego said:

Can we stop bumping this? Or mods could close? She already tweeted about march, that's it. :nails: 

@PartySick :chica:

I'm flattered that I'm one of the go-to mods for some people :diane:

I think it's a relevant and valid discussion really (but you can report the thread and the mods will discuss it there 'cause I could see it closing too, I just don't want to jump the gun :spin:).

OT: At the end of the day, she's a lovely woman that makes amazing music and stands up for worthy causes. She'll have plenty to say in regards to Trump and his regressive policies, you can believe that, but for right now she's focusing on her career and a massive performance coming up in two weeks. Besides, I don't think it's fair to assume she'll constantly make grand statements or bold stances. If she did, the next four years would be nothing but her speaking about the president and his choices :sweat: She's never totally silent and she's already gone way above and beyond her obligations. Don't hold her to expectations that just aren't realistic :ohno:

🖤

Archived