movie

Was The Hunger Games a fad?

Tumblr

Was the Hunger Games a fad  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No - It's iconic
    • It's on the same level as Twilight - Not iconic like HP but not completely forgotten.

Featured Posts

The Fame Joanne

Personally I like THG a lot more than Twilight (which is trash) but I'd say Twilight is seen as slightly more iconic by the public. I wouldn't say THG is forgotten though, it was a huge success and will be remembered

Both of them are very far away from Harry Potter's legendary status in pop culture. It's undeniably the biggest phenomenon in the history of modern literature (and also films). It appeals to a very large audience and really EVERYONE knows the characters

I also love HP by far the most out of them (although I really like THG). It's just so good, I'm still slayed after all those years :giveup:

Harry Potter is still talked about because J.K. created a whole universe that have many stories that could be told. Pottermore kept the fans going while she created Cursed Child and now Fantastic Beasts. While Hunger Games is kind of a finite story. The two last movies sucked by the way.

Anastasia

I only read the first book when I was younger, I don't remember it much; and I also only liked the first film, the other two were kind of messy. People keep telling me that if I read the rest of the books I would appreciate the films more, but I think if you are making a film it doesn't matter where it comes from orginally, make it good and fresh to new audiences.

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

The Fame Joanne
11 minutes ago, Bio said:

Harry Potter is still talked about because J.K. created a whole universe that have many stories that could be told. Pottermore kept the fans going while she created Cursed Child and now Fantastic Beasts. While Hunger Games is kind of a finite story. The two last movies sucked by the way.

I even think people would still talk about HP without all that new stuff. It's incredibly huge since book 4/5. There's never been sth like it before. I believe the books alone set HP above the other two

Dorothy Gale

I had to read the Hunger games in middle school and it never rang true to me. I wasn't even a picky reader (I'd read almost every YA book series). I still am not over the lost opportunity that is percy jackson. PJ is the closest thing we've had to Harry potter. 

It fizzled out like an old lady's wet fart even before the last movie came out. So id say yes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It started great, then the second one was amazing but then it went downhill super fast. The movies were okay I guess, it's the books' fault 

so I I would say they're on Twilight level but respected

who will love me when the night is over

I was into it while it was current because there not much to discuss after it's over (books and movies). Harry Potter has a whole universe around it and the Hunger Games don't, that's why it is "over". Not much content to hold on to.

Kindness rules all.

ryhanna
56 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

It worked for HP because there was a lot more stuff going on in the last HP book than in the last HG 

Pretty much. Mockingjay is my least favourite book of the series. I felt like it was written to be a movie, and would work so much better as a movie, but then they crushed its chances by tearing an already struggling story in two. 

It was my first date with my boyfriend and we love the movies so it's iconic for me :staymad:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

SILENT HILL

I didn't know what to vote because it's way more memorable than twilight imo but not as much as Harry Potter

MonsterPaws

The Hunger Games trilogy is one of my favorite dystopias of all time. Mainly because it was technically the first dystopia I read from start to finish. I even remember staying up all night jumping from one book to the next.

Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the film adaptations (Mockingjay I and II really). The first movie was amazing and deserves more recognition beyond a simple young adult romance film. The second is easily one of the best book-to-movie adaptations (easily trumps the HP adaptations) I have ever seen, and it was gorgeously shot and executed.

The last two movies: Hated them. The acting suddenly went to **** (even JLaw) and it was dragged on just for the $$$. There were scenes that I liked but overall I'm just extremely disappointed by the last installations. I feel like they ruined the HG's chance of reaching iconic status.

Catching Fire really got me excited for Mockingjay Part I but holy crap that movie sucked a**. Maybe I just don't remember the books that much and maybe just maybe it was a good adaptation of the book. But so was Catching Fire and that movie was ICONIC (in my world at least), every scene in the movie triggered a memory from the books; Mockingjay? Barely did that.

ElectricAlley

I've always been so captivated by THG series. I completely disagree with everyone, I loved the mocking jay movies. (Although, they could have definitely been condensed into one film easily.) When I finished mockingjay part 2 I cried. I remember driving to my shift at subway after the movie, balling my eyes out. 

Archived