💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I love DIC, but....

Chelseaaaaaa

Featured Posts

Chelseaaaaaa

It doesn't belong on 'Joanne' and I feel like it's just there to please pure pop fans. It come off like a proverbial "here's your bop so leave me alone!" opposed to it being a cohesive fit like other songs. If she wanted to, she could've made something more in tune with the album with Beck, but she didn't, and I think that is mainly why. That doesn't lessen the quality of the album for me nor would I change us getting such a good track. But still. It's quite lost among the folk, country, & alt rock.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be Diamond Heart (sorry, it's one of the best but it's true)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RaRaRamen

Preach.

giphy.gif

Still a great song, though.

I need a winter candy apple and an iced gingerbread candle, both three-wick, or I'm boycotting.

Bambino

gaga is a pro and wants to satisfy everyone of y'all so you can stop complaining

not saying that you are

:classy:

Chelseaaaaaa
Just now, Red said:

I disagree. It's a power pop song, IMO, but fits because of the retro vocals. I've shown the song to a lot of non-fans and they've all commented that she sounds like Stevie Nicks.

Saint Laurent

I think you could make that case for any song on the album because there isn't one 'cohesive' sound, DIC definitely does not fit the formulaic pop structure and I think it fits perfectly. With that said:

tumblr_mjm6xjGhET1qcnzaso1_250.gif

DeanWinchester

In an album with heartbreak and lost love, a masturbatory track celebrating the strength to find pleasure in solace doesn't seem out of place :reductive:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Chelseaaaaaa
Just now, Saint Laurent said:

I think you could make that case for any song on the album because there isn't one 'cohesive' sound, DIC definitely does not fit the formulaic pop structure and I think it fits perfectly. With that said:

tumblr_mjm6xjGhET1qcnzaso1_250.gif

No, but the sounds are all connected. 'Joanne' is folk, 'Come to Mama' is 60s pop, 'Hey Girl' is motown. And so forth. These elements compliment each other and have a lot of similarities. 'Dancing in Circles' may be fresh and somewhat innovative, but it def sounds like a modern pop song.

Miracle
6 minutes ago, Red said:

Diamond Heart is very Bruce Springsteen-esque so it really fits the album. DIC is the only song that doesn't fit the album but it somehow connects with the other tracks thanks to the vocals

Archived