Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Angel Down the original lead single?

Creyk

Featured Posts

As we all know, RedOne and Gaga made a "grammy worthy, beautiful" song that was supposed to be the lead single and launch the entire era with a Grammy performance this year. But for some reason, those plans fell through and Gaga put on a controversial tribute performance instead.

So, was Angel Down the song that was originally supposed to be the lead single? Since it is the only song with RedOne involvement that we got. And you have to admit, it would be pretty weird to create a song that is actually good enough to be the lead single of your long-awaited comeback and then not even put it on the tracklist of your album.

So, what do you think? Was Angel Down the hit that got away? Or is it a completely different song that we are never going to hear?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

Maybe.  But we have what 7 other songs? So who knows.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Flippy

I don't think so. The song is good but not that good Imho... 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

boneknuckleskin

This song was no hit -- it's terrible. I'm so glad it got it benched. Wish it hadn't even made the cut. 

Helxig

Possibly. I think the song is incredible. It speaks loudly about the things that so many influential people are so quite about, and isn't afraid to get to the depth of the corresponding emotions. The only Gaga song that has made me teary upon first listen.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

AndrewGr

She was never supposed to play the lead single at the Grammys. Do you have receipts for that?

alp0707
1 minute ago, AndrewGr said:

She was never supposed to play the lead single at the Grammys. Do you have receipts for that?

What would she have performed with all that intel technology and she said she was doing final mixings during Superbowl 50

No.

'Frankenstein' was. Produced by RedOne. Scrapped from the album.

You can all trust me on this or not but I have my contacts :duck:

GagaTheExplorer

I don't think so, it seems like they have better material together but it doesn't fit with the new Mark Ronson perpective of the album, so the original lead single was left out, it's pretty obvious that their work together was more comercial and less personal, and that wasn't the direction she wanted to take this time

I think the original lead single was the song that Nadir said it would start with ''A RedOne Gaga''

avalon x
3 hours ago, Helxig said:

Possibly. I think the song is incredible. It speaks loudly about the things that so many influential people are so quite about, and isn't afraid to get to the depth of the corresponding emotions. The only Gaga song that has made me teary upon first listen.

It made me ****ing bawl, man. The first few times I couldn't even listen or THINK about it without tearing up and feeling emotional.

To me it's a flipping gem and I'm really glad that she put the song out.. if it's a single or not, I could care less.

2 hours ago, Guille said:

No.

'Frankenstein' was. Produced by RedOne. Scrapped from the album.

You can all trust me on this or not but I have my contacts :duck:

:awkney: 

jajagaga1896

I like Angel Down Work Tape better...but I don't know about it as a lead single. I am getting tired of trying to rewrite history but I still think the obvious choice would have been Dancin' In Circles or Diamond Heart. I don't know how those escaped their grasps. 

Archived