đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do fans feel the need to cheat to get to number one?

xeynuraf

Featured Posts

xeynuraf

This morning I saw a topic showing how to cheat the charts to get gaga's new single to number one like that is something fans are supposed to do. Why is that? is not the first time. It was done with applause. Would you feel proud of your fave knowing that she got there by a whole fanbase cheating the charts?  That would be a very hollow victory don't you think? Can you just enjoy the music?  If it's good it will sell itself. Is that how for example Drake,Rihana,Adele got their hits? It all reeks insecurity and inmaturity from the fans. Is like you don't believe in her talents. Is not like you will stop enjoying her music if it doesnt make it to the top. Possibly there is a lot of children in this fandom that feel the need to compete with fans of other mediocre teen artist. Is like she is a horse in a race and not an artist and a human. Is just pop music people!

Where's the border between cheating and not cheating? What's next, are we not allowed to buy songs on the first day collectively? Should we not try to get a new VEVO record? Is a #1 on iTunes cheating the iTunes charts, because she's not actually the most popular song for tha majority of the world at that moment?

This 'cheating' you're talking about is one of the more fun parts of a single era for me. Let those who enjoy doing this enjoy themselves. You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

ryanripley

it's all gunna come down to gaga in the end, if she delivers, it'll chart

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

It's not that serious lmao

if people want to try, let them. Who are they hurting?

homomo
12 minutes ago, Luc said:

Where's the border between cheating and not cheating? What's next, are we not allowed to buy songs on the first day collectively? Should we not try to get a new VEVO record? Is a #1 on iTunes cheating the iTunes charts, because she's not actually the most popular song for tha majority of the world at that moment?

This 'cheating' you're talking about is one of the more fun parts of a single era for me. Let those who enjoy doing this enjoy themselves. You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

They were talking about using US iTunes account when they are from a different country, or even using US IP's. That is in fact cheating the system.

Why can't people buy/stream it in their own country? It looks better when songs/albums chart mediocrely in multiple countries, rather than excel in one single country. It proves that the artist is a global sensation, and known worldwide.  

Honestly the number of people who cheat ends up being so small I doubt it actually makes a difference in the grand scheme of things. :shrug: 

Archived