Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think Katy Perry's next era will be successful?

JustAnotherDay

?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• She Will Be As Succesful as Prism/OOTB
    • She Will Not Be As Succesful As Her Previous Era's

Featured Posts

JustAnotherDay

Do you think that Katy Perry's next era will be as successful as Prism/ OOTB (she will obviously never reach Teenage Dream levels again) and why? Personally I don't think she will be as successful, i feel like people are getting bored of her which we can see with 3 of the 5 singles from Prism not entering the top ten. Dark Horse was successful because it was different then her other music but I don't feel like we can rely on her making darker music (considering what happened with Prism). I thinks she will have a decent era with a top ten lead and a couple top 20-30's but I don't think she will achieve a number one in her next era. 

was NickARTPOP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

I don't care if she gets 3, 4 or 5 more #1s, I just (i) don't want her to use Gaga's coattails one way or another to do it and (ii) for LG5 to be completely free from ridiculous comparisons that would affect the music and its own success

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Katy always plays safe so I can totally expect a #1 lead single and maybe something more experimental for the second single, which it'll probably underperform so she'll keep releasing safe singles after that. Just like PRISM

underneath the pine

Andrew Warhola

I don't know. If she waits too long, her fans might already be reaching puberty by then.

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

GagaXCupcakke

It will probably be on the same level as Prism.  She has a good marketing team.

If Rhianna can be successful with an extremely messy release, then Katy can be successful with a normal safe release. 

Yuuri

Didn't Katy say she wanted to work with other producers after the whole Kesha thing happen? So with Dr. Luke out of the picture, there goes her bops. Right?

GGD is the wrong place to ask any question about Katy :rip: She's been a pop culture staple for as long as Gaga has and at this point I don't see her going away anytime soon

Chromatislaps

depends on the direction she will take, I believe if she keeps doing teeny bops she will lose her older demographic, if she goes jazz she will lose her younger demographic

tumblr_inline_nj94xeeU6D1qgpvvm.gif

andy232000

I expect some good bops anf maybe several Top 10s but dhe wont reach PRISMS level right away. 

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Every artist will have their ARTPOP era. 

THIS!!

DiscoHeaven23

I think the end of the Prism era was a foreshadowing of things to come

I read a comment in a forum about this on another site and the commenter said, "Her shtick is getting old", and that's exactly what I think it is. 

Katy Perry never changes era to era. And that gets old.

Change it up girl

tumblr_mf8p5lyYJF1rnpdgco1_500.gif

Archived