Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

BET disses Madonna’s Prince Tribute

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Enhsa

The 2016 Billboard Music Awards featured Madonna giving a tribute to Prince, who was a good friend of hers. The performance was lackluster overall, as Madonna was not a suitable choice to tribute the singer.

Though the show has been over for about an hour, many people have taken to Social Media to express their dislike of the performance, and the people over at BET decided to join in.

The shade of all shade was thrown as a video was uploaded to BET‘s official Facebook page, which featured Prince‘s symbol while raindrops fell, before showing an image of the fallen musician.

The words: Yeah, we saw that. Don’t Worry. We got you, then appears on the screen, signifying that Madonna‘s tribute was not supposed to happen and that BET will do it right. Take a look at the video below:

BET-Prince-768x431.jpg

http://popglitz.com/the-shade-bet-disses-madonnas-prince-tribute-says-they-will-do-it-right-video/

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luiz

only the grammys tribute matters

they'll do one right?

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Dominic

How pathetic. The man had died, it's not like it's a competition.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Angel Down
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

It's sad but Meddonsters deserve all this sh*t because of their hate towards the Bowie Tribute by Gaga. Everyone is dragging Madonna at the moment

KURUSHITOVSKA

A legend was tributing another legend. Yes, you saw that, there aren't many legends alive that were close to Prince. Madonna even dated him, who the **** are they to diss this. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Dominic
Just now, Black Salvatore said:

It's sad but Meddonsters deserve all this sh*t because of their hate towards the Bowie Tribute by Gaga. Everyone is dragging Madonna at the moment

High school politics then 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

kabirartfling

Just because prince was black, the BET  gets to decide who does the tribute? thats hypocracy right there. Are people around the world seriously gonna fight over a white person giving a tribute to a black person? Why is the color of someones skin so valuable? I BET if it was beyonce performing the tribute it would have been a big thing. Smd hypocrates

Give your love to me

Bear

Stupid IMO.

There seems to be this idea that only one official person should tribute someone when they die, when the whole point of tributes is for people to celebrate someone's life and to remember them in whatever way they want. If you don't like the way someone paid their OWN PERSONAL respect to someone, then don't watch it and pay your own respect the way you want - But don't make it a competition, that isn't respectful and it takes away the spotlight from the person who died. It's petty. 

Manul

These supposed legends (Bowie, Prince) had/have some of the most bitter fans out there.

Madonna & Gaga covering their average songs is the best thing that could happen to them. :tea:

it wasn't laaaahv

Boyboi12
20 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

It's called honoring him correctly... Maybe you should do some research on Prince and his  contribution to the music industry 

Boyboi12
7 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

These supposed legends (Bowie, Prince) had/have some of the most bitter fans out there.

Madonna & Gaga covering their average songs is the best thing that could happen to them. :tea:

Average songs 👀 First off Bowie doesn't match Prince at all.... There were three major acts in the 80ds Prince, Michael and Madonna!  The Holy Trinity of that time. Gaga is no walking legend, i love her but she is not even a Prince Michael Madonna or Bowie (yet) respect those who open doors for new talent. Ps Prince wrote songs for Madonna! So watch it, he was the ghost writer of the 80ds 

Angel Down
1 minute ago, Boyboi12 said:

It's called honoring him correctly... Maybe you should do some research on Prince and his  contribution to the music industry 

But still, I don't believe his contribution is as important as that of Madonna's at a universal level. In Europe, and more specifically the place I live in, no one even knows who Prince is. When I read all over the internet that "Today a legend died etc" I was like "who"? 

Maybe his success was too local. Madonna's success (and Gaga's respectively) is a worldwide phenomenon. The Prince fans should have appreciated it. 

Archived