series

Recommendation: American Crime Story

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

(apologies if already posted)

American Crime Story - The People v. O.J. Simspon 

26862?size=1600x600&region=US

The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story is the first season of the FX true crime anthology television series American Crime Story. The season, which debuted in February 2016), revolves around the infamous O. J. Simpson murder trial and is based on Jeffrey Toobin's book The Run of His Life: The People v. O. J. Simpson (1997). The series contains 10 episodes that concluded on April 5th 2016.

The show is developed/executive produced by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, while being executive produced byRyan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, who co-created such series as Nip/Tuck, Glee, American Horror Story and Scream Queens. Murphy also directed the pilot episode. Other executive producers are Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson. Co-executive producers are Anthony Hemingway and D. V. DeVincentis. - description taken from Wikipedia.

Cast

Spoiler

Main Cast

Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden

Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark

Kenneth Choi as Judge Lance Ito

Christian Clemenson as William Hodgman

Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson

Bruce Greenwood as Gil Garcetti

Nathan Lane as F. Lee Bailey

David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian

John Travolta as Robert Shapiro

Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran

Recurring Cast

Chris Bauer as Det. Tom Lange

Selma Blair as Kris Jenner

Jordana Brewster as Denise Brown

Garrett M. Brown as Lou Brown

Chris Connor as Jeffrey Toobin

Dale Godboldo as Carl E. Douglas

Jessica Blair Herman as Kim Goldman

Evan Handler as Alan Dershowitz

Cheryl Ladd as Linell Shapiro

Larry King as himself

Billy Magnussen as Kato Kaelin

Rob Morrow as Barry Scheck

Robert Morse as Dominick Dunne

Michael McGrady as Det. Phillip Vannatter

Angel Parker as Shawn Chapman

Steven Pasquale as Det. Mark Fuhrman

Leonard Roberts as Dennis Schatzman

Keesha Sharp as Dale Cochran

Joseph Siravo as Fred Goldman

Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Al Cowlings

Guest Cast

Connie Britton as Faye Resnick

Marguerite Moreau as Laura McKinny

Kwame Patterson as Michael Darden

Romy Rosemont as Jill Shively

Duane Shepard Sr. as Mr. Darden

Reviews

Spoiler

"Although “People v. O.J.” commits a few minor fumbles, almost everyone here has acquitted themselves honorably, in roles that, for the most part, fit them like a glove."Variety

"Through six episodes, it's on track to be one of the best first seasons of television ever made, especially considering the cultural climate surrounding its release." - A critic review off Metacritic

"...the show somehow manages to extract genuine tension and suspense from moments that have been embedded to familiarity extremes in both pop culture and recent American history. This is not what one expected from an American Horror Story companion series." CINEMABLEND   

Personal Opinion

holy ****, it's 1am where i am, i'm trying to fix my sleeping patter but i'm on episode 5 and i. am. HOOKED. :duck: obviously being a big fan of AHS, i thought i'd give this show a try since i spotted the high IMDb score, plus i'm too young to remember the O.J. Simpson trial in real life and what i good choice i made :giveup: when i first started watching, i questioned myself thinking how on earth they could create a tv show out of something we already know the result of and keep it interesting. clearly i'm no expert in TV and film but this show is thrilling, tense and also quite political for the most part since it touches on the subject of police brutality against African American people throughout the season. 

if you're looking for something engaging and haven't seen this yet then i highly recommend!! i give it 4 Dianes out of 5, mainly cus i can't do half an emoji and because i found the Pilot rather 'boring' compared to the rest of the episodes so far.

:diane::diane::diane::diane: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

CannaeDrive

Seeing this at the moment and couldn't agree more.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Nicole

I loved this series. The casting was amazing, the acting was amazing - I'm hoping Cuba Gooding Jr. pulls an award for this because he was incredible. 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Nicole said:

I loved this series. The casting was amazing, the acting was amazing - I'm hoping Cuba Gooding Jr. pulls an award for this because he was incredible. 

the second season is going to be on hurricane katrina :duck: it makes we wonder if they're ever gunna touch the subject of 9/11 :duck: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Nicole
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

the second season is going to be on hurrican katrina :duck: it makes we wonder if they're ever gunna touch the subject of 9/11 :duck: 

Oh I thought this series was gonna focus on, like, crimes that shook the nation type things, not natural disasters :toofunny: 9/11 would be interesting if done well, but yeah I'd imagine that there would be people that would be against it.

crisTEAne

it really was an amazing show. i hope sarah will be awarded for her outstanding performance. :woohoo:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

malazam

It was a great show!! :giveup:

another shot before we kiss the other side

memomemome

I think this will sweep miniseries emmys. top notch from writing, directing, acting, and even Travolta's eyebrow. :poot:(or that kardashian shade :derpga:)

En_Sabah_Nur

Was truly an incredible series, and I remember the O. J. Simpson trial when I was in 5th grade.  It was everywhere, and EVERYONE was talking about it.  Literally!

Missed the first 2 episodes tho...  :deadbanana:

Egypt. W

Archived