💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé denounces North Carolina’s anti-LGBTQ legislation

Coop

Featured Posts

GloZell Green
25 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Yeah cancel the concert so LGBT Beyoncé fans don't get to see her perform. That makes sense. That'll really show the old, white male legislator who really care about what Beyoncé has to think.....

Outside of political discussions I like always agree with you :diane:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
22 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Hahahahahhaahhahahaha she's Beyoncé, loosing money? Nevah

She can make a speech too, bolder moves than canceling the show, not always about $$$, pretty sure Gaga will do the same if she was in her shoes, since she said she would still go to Jakarta few years ago and canceled at last minute cos of life threats. And she went twice to Moscow to preach about equality.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Whispering

Economic pressure is the only thing that will work with these state governments. Beyonce pulling her show would have made a big statement. I applaud those artists and organizations that have canceled their events, as that is the only move that puts direct pressure on this state's decision. The sports world pulling their events have been a welcomed surprise! 

AJH219
25 minutes ago, Bio said:

The city would lose a lot of money with tourism and the concert itself and people would pressure the people involved more.

It's the same old people who need reminding that BOYCOTTS and CANCELLING are the only way to make a point. Bleed the damn economy dry! People need to realize it's not about getting to see their faves! LGBT people are still being discriminate against and you're pissed you can't see your fave? Touch fvcking luck!  I'm so Goddamn tired of seeing people saying cancellations shouldn't happen, yes they should! The majority may not have gotten a day with this bill, but goddamnit the majority voted him in 2012! This is the result. Want to live like backwards ass fools, you'll get treated like them

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Prismatic
36 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Hahahahahhaahhahahaha she's Beyoncé, loosing money? Nevah

She lost some thousands for going over the curfew for last night show. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

PopThatArt

Mr. Springsteen did it first. And he wasn't consumed by greed, he actually cancelled his show. 

98d703eecc0b7368b8925b237a633ec8.jpg

Go see A Star is Born

weed
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

Yeah cancel the concert so LGBT Beyoncé fans don't get to see her perform. That makes sense. That'll really show the old, white male legislator who really care about what Beyoncé has to think.....

It's not about that it's about making people angry at the government so they go out and complain and make a change.

JDi
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

lol at people complaining

I didn't hear anything when Gaga didn't cancel in Israel and didn't even mention the conflict on stage. Besides, it's better to come and make a statement (let's hope she does) than to "punish" an area by disappointing a lot of people who didn't even do anything. The people that care about Bey's concert being cancelled are not the people who are gonna overturn this bill :smh: The organizations can do a lot more and Beyoncé's team making everyone aware of what they can do locally >>>> just not showing up and doing nothing.

you are seriously obsessed. it's not the same. there was nothing to protest. it's a war conflict the solution to which hasn't been found. there doesn't have to be an armed conflict for the civil to exist. it's historical and psychological. she'd look worse if she did more than just wish for peace.

and in this case Beyoncé looks green only because there were artists that decided turning more people against the legislature is the way to go, since the majority there supports the bill. if no one had cancelled before her, no one would have reacted this way. and you understand this. give up the double standard fixation. it's become extremely tiring and passé.

but yeah, it is dumb to disappoint her fans and it does look better making a statement live, so I agree with the rest.

Didymus
12 minutes ago, JDi said:

you are seriously obsessed. it's not the same. there was nothing to protest. it's a war conflict the solution to which hasn't been found. there doesn't have to be an armed conflict for the civil to exist. it's historical and psychological. she'd look worse if she did more than just wish for peace.

She didn't even wish for peace.

And besides, it was a time when tons of artists cancelled their shows actually :chica: That's why I used it as an example.

13 minutes ago, JDi said:

if no one had cancelled before her, no one would have reacted this way. and you understand this. give up the double standard fixation. it's become extremely tiring and passé.

See above.

Oops.

JDi
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She didn't even wish for peace.

And besides, it was a time when tons of artists cancelled their shows actually :chica: That's why I used it as an example.

See above.

Oops.

it's still pointless and dumb in the Israel case and in this one there is a point to go either way about it.

oops.

why are you so childish though? you're always so pitifully triumphant...

Didymus
Just now, JDi said:

it's still pointless and dumb in the Israel case and in this one there is a point to go either way about it.

oops.

why are you so childish though? you're always so pitifully triumphant...

If countless artists cancelled their performances in Israel, clearly the comparison applies. I'm not saying I had a problem with her performing there, absolutely not - in fact, I don't like the idea of artists cancelling their performances for reasons like that :emma: Which is why I'm defending Beyoncé here and notifying everyone of the fact that everyone defended Gaga for doing the same back in 2014 :awkney:

And stop with the personal attacks pls. You brought a wrong argument and I corrected you. That should be the end.

JDi
Just now, Didymus said:

If countless artists cancelled their performances in Israel, clearly the comparison applies. I'm not saying I had a problem with her performing there, absolutely not - in fact, I don't like the idea of artists cancelling their performances for reasons like that :emma: Which is why I'm defending Beyoncé here and notifying everyone of the fact that everyone defended Gaga for doing the same back in 2014 :awkney:

And stop with the personal attacks pls. You brought a wrong argument and I corrected you. That should be the end.

but justifying your reasons for comparing them doesn't make it any less pointless when the reasoning for cancelling the Israel shows isn't there. this isn't a game. and even if it was, you can't win if the point you're making isn't entirely adequate.

you're so driven and thoughtless...

and I am being kind of personal but it's not an attack. it's concern, honestly.

but I won't bother anymore so all of this doesn't really matter.

Didymus
1 minute ago, JDi said:

but justifying your reasons for comparing them doesn't make it any less pointless when the reasoning for cancelling the Israel shows isn't there.

Unacceptable decisions made by a state government.

I think it's perfectly fair.

MJHolland
2 hours ago, neptugne said:

It's not about that it's about making people angry at the government so they go out and complain and make a change.

I pretty sure taking a way an entire class of people's human rights is going to make them more angry than a Beyoncé concert being cancelled, silly child :yay:

RadioIsOurs
13 hours ago, Bio said:

The city would lose a lot of money with tourism and the concert itself and people would pressure the people involved more.

Hell, in the future you might as well hope that your favs do not perform their tour in the gay-hating Asia. Why just North Carolina? :madge:

Archived