💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Gaga a trendsetter?

Asia

Featured Posts

What's up with most female popstars having a "creative break" and not releasing any album lately? Do you think they are waiting to see what Gaga will do and then they will come up with similar ways to promote their music or even replicate her next sound or looks?

Discuss. :gaycat:

Nicogly

Yea she is a trendsetter, and now everybody is gonna tattoo Aladin Sane in their bodies. :stalkga:

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

if she's succesful of course she'll be replicated. ARTPOP was messy and they still found some **** to copy and make it work:lolga:

Iwontell

Well, her first two albums, her very persona and her theatrical approach of live performances did create a trend for pop music and changed it for the better, imo...and BTW contributed for this moment of "awareness" about a bunch of stuff we live now...

Now, I don't think anybody is putting their careers on hold to wait and see what Gaga does next, but if she does well with her next album, they might take some pages from her, which is not only natural, but is, in a way, a big compliment...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

gagzus

She changed popstar's fashion, the way they write [or rather have their ghost writers write] their pop songs- make them more smart lyrically etc, she brought Dance-Pop to the forefront and it took off and reached it's peak in 2012. Not to mention she started to dress more glamorous in early 2012 whilst other artists like Nicki were trying to serve Gaga teas at the GRAMMYs etc... and then a year later everyone else followed suit

OMonster

I think she's a leader of the music industry - unquestionably. A lot of the outlandish (but now less so) behaviour we see from the likes of Miley, Nicki, Rihanna ect, I truly believe, is a direct emulation of Gaga's wildness. The only difference is that Gaga's behaviour is artistically and intelligently founded, whilst her contemporaries are solely out to shock. They're cheap (not all) - Gaga isn't. 

Musically, I think it's fair to attribute the rise of dance and electro-pop to Gaga's debut, too. The same can be said for her contribution to pop-cultural fashion. 

After the Grammy's, I now expect to see a rise in the use of technology within performance. 

subtext / fantasy

11 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Musically, I think it's fair to attribute the rise of dance and electro-pop to Gaga's debut, too.

YES :applause:

Edonis

I'm screaming at your avi! 

OT: of course. Most of the pop girls get inspired by God Ha-self, after all. 

Archived