💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does anyone else have concerns about the GRAMMYs performance?

Slayer

Featured Posts

Obviously Gaga will knock it out of the park and it'll be another amazing performance from OUR perspective. But I don't think the success of this performance is a given, compared to the National Anthem and Oscars performances, which focused on singing. 

This is her first performance since the ARTPOP era where she will be doing something other than 'just singing'. She will have backing dancers and there will be this INTEL 'gimmick' which might potentially distract people from her vocal performance. The fact that this is a tribute to one of the biggest musical legends of all time is also a huge risk, as there might be a lot of Bowie fans saying, "Why does she need all this complicated technology? Why not just sing his songs and focus the tribute on Bowie?"

I don't know. I think it could go either way. I really, really hope everyone will be impressed. The last thing she needs right now is backlash after she's been doing so well lately. What do you think?

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

The Child

Honestly, I don't care, I'm not hyped at all, I'll just wait for it to happen and see if I like it.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Honestly, I don't care, I'm not hyped at all, I'll just wait for it to happen and see if I like it.

How can you not be hyped?:wtfga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Andy McQueen

I think this could be a performance where style and substance meet in an extraordinary way - so I'm rather optimistic, but I understand your concerns. I think after the National Anthem people know now she can sing and maybe they will appreciate her theatrics and performance shows more thanks to Intel? Who knows

SLAYing

I know she'll slay the performance.. I'm just concerned about her Grammy win tbh.. cuz she deserves it more than any other nominee in the category.. I hope she wins that..

Instagram : saurabh_slays

The Child
1 minute ago, etron said:

How can you not be hyped?:wtfga:

I don't know honestly, the last time I was hyped was in 2014 for G.U.Y music video :toofunny:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I think she's going to attempt to find a balance between high level performance and high level music quality, which is definitely not an easy thing to do. But if she does manage to pull it off, it will set the tone for then entire LG5 era. Notice that there is a huge effort being put in the musical aspect of this performance. There's a musical director that has been working literally non-stop, there's live orchestra with strings and apparently winds as well. 

This is not going to be a "remix" Bowie tribute. This will be a full band, full orchestra, full vocals, live performance that will ALSO include a huge technological component. It's a massive endeavor and it might be something we've never seen before.

Don't bookmark me tho :toofunny:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

No way, I do not let others doubts cloud what I honestly believe when Gaga is set to perform. My hype is real and white hot and I can pretty much always count upon Gaga to blow my mind. I am hyper excited and being a true Bowie fan, I just can not lose with this performance.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Runway

I'm only excited bc it will be the first pop performance in a lot of time, music wise not really, its as if she covered madonna songs, kinda boring imo

if music snobs are pressed she will have the Oscars performance to fix it and everyone will forget about it 

djBuffoon

Concerns? No. The team built a replica stage specifically so they can be ahead of the game and be 110% ready. I have no doubt it will be beautifully executed.

Mister Gaga

I agree, it's risky. But risk nothing, gain nothing. Sooner than later she'll be back with her Gaga/Pop persona, this is a good opportunity to remind people that she's a full entertainer. 

Seriously, there's no one that fits better than her for David Bowie's tribute. She'll be great. But don't expect 100% of acclaim, because it won't happen.

YESSS 

what if the technology isn't anything new

or impressive

:rip: 

I'm dying just thinking about the backlash

CoqJxBx.gif

I was once oppressed in GGD but now I flutter through the sky, like a Butterfly (Available on UTines)

DeleteMyAccount

The way I see it is that many people are working on this performance. I doubt they'd let anything distasteful slip by in terms of the tech overshadowing the tribute or Gaga making it all about herself. At least I hope they're keeping that in mind.

Archived