💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga anthem analysis

jezze0410

Featured Posts

jezze0410

A few observations from Gaga's Instagram post:

1. Gaga will be singing the anthem in 4/4 time à la Whitney, rather than the more traditional 3/4.

2. She will be doing it in G-flat major. For reference, Whitney's is in A-flat, so Gaga's is a whole tone lower. The "say" in the first line would be a G-flat, a semitone lower than the "how" in the chorus of TIHTY. The highest note she will have to hit, runs and embellishments aside, will be a D-flat (off the top of my head, it's the same pitch as the "O" bit of the "and them I'm OK" line in DWUW). 

3. Judging by the piano part, it will be sung in the conventional pop manner--the chords don't sound at all jazzy/bluesy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jezze0410
1 minute ago, Eohl said:

WkJ3yye.png

wot

Haha that was my attempt at imbedding the Instagram post. It seems that there is no way for me to do that...

JazzGa

Very insightful, ty for the technical info. I always hope she goes nontraditional but I understand why she is singing it straight and why that is the best move for her career-wise

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Judas Oyster
5 minutes ago, Sinsemilla said:

Very insightful, ty for the technical info. I always hope she goes nontraditional but I understand why she is singing it straight and why that is the best move for her career-wise

We'll see that at the Grammy's, don't you worry <3

156 million persons is a big deal, and it's also about respect and pride so she should be careful just this time

Duella Dvil

I'm so glad to see another musician, this is gonna be perty!!!

www.instagram.com/theduella666

7 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Does that mean she won't sing it the way she sang at the NY Pride? :noparty:

From my pespective, her timbre will sound much better and powerful. The NY Pride is good, but not enough for the Super Bowl.

jezze0410
12 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Does that mean she won't sing it the way she sang at the NY Pride? :noparty:

Actually, the NY Pride performance was mostly in this key as well--I say mostly, because she started somewhat flat! So this upcoming performance should sound similar, though presumably with new and improved vocals.

10 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

What does the notes say to us? Is she playing it safe? Or is she risking it vocally?

It seems that she will be playing it safe, unless she decides to do an Aguilera and start doing runs off every single note...

JazzGa
7 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

What does the notes say to us? Is she playing it safe? Or is she risking it vocally?

Pretty safe, she isn't challenging her upper range at all. The low note is rather low but she has such a great, full sounding lower range that she has been developing a lot over the past year, plus it's the 3rd word of the song so she will get it out of the way early lol. Assuming she sticks to this sheet music, it doesn't look like she will be adding many melismas or vocal runs or anything too flashy. Should be a glorious traditional performance.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Judas Oyster
6 minutes ago, jezze0410 said:

Actually, the NY Pride performance was mostly in this key as well--I say mostly, because she started somewhat flat! So this upcoming performance should sound similar, though presumably with new and improved vocals.

It seems that she will be playing it safe, unless she decides to do an Aguilera and start doing runs off every single note...

at that interview talking about Gaga going to be singing the guy said vocals are pre-recorded bc they can't risk it... I got confused but he said it o.O so that does mean no then maybe

jezze0410
12 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

at that interview talking about Gaga going to be singing the guy said vocals are pre-recorded bc they can't risk it... I got confused but he said it o.O so that does mean no then maybe

It's quite impossible to tell just from the music if she will be lip-syncing. However, it seems that doing the anthem pre-recorded is pretty much protocol by this point, so I wouldn't be surprised (and I'll still love her) if she does...

how do you guys know she won't be pushing her vocals at the end? we only see the first part of the song (right?)

Archived