celeb

Zayn Malik:I'm Not Censoring Myself Anymore

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

CYH8ZZCWwAAd0W7.jpgCYH9QZCWEAAam72.jpg

zayn-malik-bb1-2016-billboard-04-1250.jp

Some Highlights from the Interview-

It’s around 9 p.m. the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the 22-year-old is indeed about to give up something, though not to his adoring public -- they’ll have to wait for a solo album due early this spring on RCA

“My fans are giving me **** every day,” he says. “Like, ‘Where the f--- is your music? You’ve been at it for months. Give us something.“I genuinely enjoyed [the band] and did whatever I could to be myself within that, but it’s just not where I sit as a musician,” he says. “The other boys’ taste was generally indie rock. It’s good music, but I don’t f--- with it. That was never cool where I was from.”

Still, Malik’s not sure he’ll have “four friends for life,” as he wrote when he quit. “The truth of it is,” he says carefully, “you can think one thing about a situation and the total opposite can happen. I had every intention of remaining friends with everybody, but I guess certain phone numbers have changed and I haven’t received calls from a lot of people. I’ve reached out to a few of them and not got a reply. Certain people have pride issues, but it’s stuff you overcome in time.”

“We weren’t allowed to say certain things, or word [lyrics] the way we would want to," says Malik. “I’d sit and wonder, ‘If the fans knew how it worked, what would they think?’ My argument was: People are more intelligent than that. They want to hear what’s real, so why don’t we write some stuff that we’re actually going through?”

When it comes to Made in the A.M., the fifth and perhaps final 1D album, recorded without him and released about two weeks before our talk, Malik admits he hasn’t even heard it. “Nah,” he says. “I’ll be honest. I thought the first single was quite cool. I heard the second single and” -- he screws up his face -- “yeah, I didn’t buy the album.”

Asked what he accomplished as a member of the group, and he offers an inscrutable, possibly ironic answer: “Status. The capability to restrain certain things I would want to do. I also learned it’s good to keep friends. Because you don’t know when you’re going to make new ones, so you should probably just keep the old ones.”

Read More:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/cover-story/6835305/zayn-malik-solo-career-one-direction-new-music?utm_source=twitter

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

So first album comes with bad boy image for marketing, classic. 

Robbie Williams must be proud.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HEARTHUNTER

"Indie Rock" :toofunny: All they serve is generic pop

Anyways I'm sick of his arrogance, but I'm curious to see what kind of music he'll release

Mobster

Can  he go back to censoring himself... He's cuter with his mouth shut...

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Zsolti

indie rock :awkney:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Mobster said:

Can  he go back to censoring himself... He's cuter with his mouth shut...

He cute either way. Love it when boys go bad :hor:

I’m getting on your nerves

Mobster
Just now, Satyromaniac said:

He cute either way. Love it when boys go bad :hor:

Absolutely. Nothing more exciting than bad boys who go on unnecessary twitter rants

tumblr_mdtkkmGDsj1r95uns.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Teal Ambition

zayn-malik-bb1-2016-billboard-01-650.jpg

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Pacify Him
5 minutes ago, Mobster said:

Absolutely. Nothing more exciting than bad boys who go on unnecessary twitter rants

tumblr_mdtkkmGDsj1r95uns.gif

Good thing I don't have twitter :nick:. I won't see him like an ass

I’m getting on your nerves

yASSsss
20 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

"Indie Rock" :toofunny: All they serve is generic pop

Anyways I'm sick of his arrogance, but I'm curious to see what kind of music he'll release

According to Billboard-something like Drake and The Weeknd

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

teenagechrist

If you're not censoring yourself anymore show us your nudes :hor:

feeling so hot tamale

Archived