💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Original Concept for VMA2013 + ARTPOP era

lmxoxo

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip
12 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Am I the only one not being a huge fan of that original VMA concept? Pretty grim for Applause, don't you think? Unless of course this was supposed to go with Aura.

Also, playing brand new tracks to the iTunes Festival was actually Gaga's idea and she fought for it to happen, as she wasn't interested in playing a bunch of old records. The iTunes Festival is, in my opinion, one of the best things that came out of the ARTPOP era.

I agree. I was there at the vmas and seeing the performance live was an intense experience. The original concept of the performance sounds cool but I can't imagine it for an upbeat song like Applause.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The iTunes Festival is, in my opinion, one of the best things that came out of the ARTPOP era.

for me it's not bcz with applause as single + 6 songs(not counting iwbwy) itunes fest +venus +dwuw +gypsy+dope = 11 songs that were played before album dropped. 11/15? Isn't that little to much? i think a lot of people(GP) & probably some monsters after hearing those 11 songs doesnt want to buy album anymore? [I personally don't like to hear 75% of album before its release]

look for example Katy Perry - itunes fest - 30th sept ( 1.5 month before release of album) played 2 singles from album + just 2 new unheard songs!

I didn't know awards could decide who is going to get the most attention, they literally didn't allow gaga to do her thing becuase they wanted all the attention on Miley, what an asshole thing to do tbh

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

I agree with you, except to this:

2 hours ago, lmxoxo said:

After all the shits in that era, she wanted to save it with 3rd single G.U.Y. - flopped so bad, showed her that it was bad choice for single that you need to revive your messy era. 

If she wanted to save that era, she should have release 'better' songs like Gypsy. But she didn't. She just wanted to end that era by choosing a song that could have a music video about all the people that used her just for money.

All I ever wanted was đŸ…»đŸ…ŸđŸ†…đŸ…Ž

elijahfan
1 hour ago, lmxoxo said:

for me it's not bcz with applause as single + 6 songs(not counting iwbwy) itunes fest +venus +dwuw +gypsy+dope = 11 songs that were played before album dropped. 11/15? Isn't that little to much? i think a lot of people(GP) & probably some monsters after hearing those 11 songs doesnt want to buy album anymore? [I personally don't like to hear 75% of album before its release]

look for example Katy Perry - itunes fest - 30th sept ( 1.5 month before release of album) played 2 singles from album + just 2 new unheard songs!

I agree, I think the album was teased way too much and that it already felt old by the time it finally came out. But I won't lie, I loved discovering those new songs that way. And retrospectively, the iTunes Festival in itself was really a great Gaga moment. I love those intricate one-off concerts she does at Festivals.

Bradley

I'm sorry but what's the point of this thread? A throwback thread of how terrible ARTPOP was?

I don't usually wanna sound nasty but there are so many incorrect assumptions in the OP. You make arguments based on what actually happened, not concrete reasons.

That concept is, like, terrible though. 

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

4 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

I'm really interested in how the original VMA concept would have played out. It looked so intricate. Damn you MTV. :crossed:

This!

thierryrreiht
4 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

I'm really interested in how the original VMA concept would have played out. It looked so intricate. Damn you MTV. :crossed:

I have the exact same feeling about TEOG original video.. From what I've read I imagine a video of acting, heard about hospital and mermaid and death (guys, be cute and don't put that gif of DWUW of her falling) and emotional stuff...

like, imagine a sad video on an upbeat song.. what an epicness it would have been

Reality

That original MTV performance idea sounds pretty cool! I hope she recycles that and uses it for a LG5 performance. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Alfonso

But I don't think that the original VMA's concept being rejected was Gagas and/or her team fault :koons: so out of the mess the era era had, this one doesn't count :neyde:

:derpga:

Alfonso
11 hours ago, AmericanHSlave said:

I'm sorry but what's the point of this thread? A throwback thread of how terrible ARTPOP was?

I don't usually wanna sound nasty but there are so many incorrect assumptions in the OP. You make arguments based on what actually happened, not concrete reasons.

This :bye:

+I'm not really sure I like the original concept, but it would be interesting to see it :wtfga:

Emigrante
16 hours ago, Dexxx said:

I agree with you, except to this:

If she wanted to save that era, she should have release 'better' songs like Gypsy. But she didn't. She just wanted to end that era by choosing a song that could have a music video about all the people that used her just for money.

Well, maybe but what the G.U.Y lyrics have to do with people who used her just for money? :duck:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived