question

Why is Britney loved so much by gays?

Better Day

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

I don't think it counts for even 50% of the gay community, but anyway, I think that female pop stars are an outlet for some gay individuals to express a side of themselves using subconscious psychological projection like everyone else does in all areas of life. I don't think gay people function any differently than others - people seek exterior things to embody (parts of) themselves and for some people, Britney does exactly that, for others she doesn't.

Better Day
Just now, Didymus said:

I don't think it counts for even 50% of the gay community, but anyway, I think that female pop stars are an outlet for some gay individuals to express a side of themselves using subconscious psychological projection like everyone else does in all areas of life. I don't think gay people function any differently than others - people seek exterior things to embody (parts of) themselves and for some people, Britney does exactly that, for others she doesn't.

It does tend to be gay people who stan for Britney. It is the same with Gaga, Madge etc. 

Together You And I!

yASSsss

Cuz Gays love s-xual, over the top,fierce Divas  :gaycat: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Better Day

I am not saying all gays love Britney but as I said Britney has a huge gay fanbase.

Together You And I!

Didymus
8 minutes ago, MissRebelDolly said:

It does tend to be gay people who stan for Britney. It is the same with Gaga, Madge etc. 

Gee, I didn't know you had mental access to every gay guy's head.

I won't deny that there seems to be a relation between being gay and loving female pop stars but on the other hand, nobody makes a case for straight people in that context. Like, if 90% of an audience for some band is straight that doesn't necessarily mean that there's some fundamental link between being straight and loving that band.

Just because you can find endless numbers of gay fisting video's shouldn't mean that you can correctly conclude that fisting is a natural part of being gay. I think those oversimplified connections are really out of date and unbelievable in this day and age. Surely we are aware that things aren't so simple.

I think she always had a gay following, but she started to be truly loved by the gays during the meltdown and when she pulled through. So I guess because of that

who will love me when the night is over

Better Day
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Gee, I didn't know you had mental access to every gay guy's head.

I won't deny that there seems to be a relation between being gay and loving female pop stars but on the other hand, nobody makes a case for straight people in that context. Like, if 90% of an audience for some band is straight that doesn't necessarily mean that there's some fundamental link between being straight and loving that band.

Just because you can find hundreds of gay guys being into fisting shouldn't mean that fisting is a natural part of being gay. I think those oversimplified connections are really out of date and unbelievable in this day and age. Surely we are aware that things aren't so simple.

Britney has a huge gay fanbase. I am just wondering why some gays love Britney so much or even has a huge gay fanbase. Please don't go whole social justice warrior on me. I am just asking a simple question which some of the premises are implied. 

Together You And I!

Mobster

You should read the answers on this thread, very insightful

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Because at that time there was no one who 90s gays could relate to, The Spice Girls Kingdom was gone and it left us empty, scared and without protection.. and suddenly, straight from the ashes The Legendary Ms. Britney Spears rose!  so she's like the late 90s for 90s gays icon...

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Better Day
1 minute ago, River said:

Because at that time there was no one who 90s gays could relate to, The Spice Girls Kingdom was gone and it left us empty, scared and without protection.. and suddenly, straight from the ashes The Legendary Ms. Britney Spears rose!  so she's like the late 90s for 90s gays icon...

The second rise of Jesus Christ. The war with the anti-christ was xtina. 

Of course this post was a joke

Together You And I!

Didymus
1 minute ago, MissRebelDolly said:

Britney has a huge gay fanbase. I am just wondering why some gays love Britney so much or even has a huge gay fanbase. 

Why can't you just ask why some people like Britney so much? lmfao I mean seriously what's to gain by asking your question that way except to entertain some ridiculous delusion that gay people (who apparently have a natural inclination towards loving Britney Spears) are a stand-alone category in the human race?

Alien Tulip

It's hard to say but Britney has always been kind to the gay community. Even during her debut, a lot of her dancers were gay and she didn't care. Britney has always been one of the nicest people in the music industry and til this day shes one of the most iconic (god I hate using that word) pop stars. She had this sort of girl next door look to her but she wasn't snobby or ever became pretentious. She was america's sweetheart and many people loved her for not only her music but her personality. It wasn't until the media got obsessed with her until she went through a hard time: 2007 meltdown and 2010 secret meltdown. Britney always had an old soul too. People like to call her a brain dead robot (which is very disgusting considering they are aware of her mental illness) but in fact Britney is an intelligent woman. She may not sing live but she did write a lot of songs on Oops I Did It Again to Britney Jean. She comes up with the ideas of her music videos and stage performances. She may not have the best vocabulary but that doesn't define one's intelligence because I can tell you I know A LOT of people with masters degrees and PHds that feel intelligent because they know all of these big words but once you get to know them you realize they have a maturity level of a middle school bully. I know I didn't answer your question but gay people have always loved Britney and Madonna from a natural place in their heart and still do til this day.

Archived