đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga ever explain the BTW artwork in full?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

I think the cover in question is the BTW Album cover.. not the single..

i was actually on about the photoshoot in it's entirety including the slime imagery and what not, i understand the cover & have my own interpretation of it, but i'm just trying to understand the shoot in it's entirety 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

Idk, I did think she once said the artwork and tour were inspired by the visuals of older heavy metal groups.

But does she ever really explain her work? Not that often so I don't think she ever really explaied the cover either.

i always thought the cover was meant to look like the surrealist heavy metal covers of the 70s & 80s tbh, that's always been my interpretation of it's aesthetic anyway.

"The vision is of me in an endless journey. I am a vehicle. I am a vehicle for all of the ideas. And I'm not riding away or towards anything, I'm just in endless state of creativity."

btw cover slays tbh 

i love btw cover btw 

gagzus

btw cover slays tbh 

i love btw cover btw 

i agree, it's her best cover imo & i think Standard > Expanded 

Bette Davis

"The vision is of me in an endless journey. I am a vehicle. I am a vehicle for all of the ideas. And I'm not riding away or towards anything, I'm just in endless state of creativity."

I don't like the cover but I love the explanation behind it :flower:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

SlayedForTheGod

lol i honestly think sometimes she does things just cause she thinks it would look interesting and then she will add meaning to it afterwards.

elijahfan

I know she told us the reason for the actual cover image, but did she ever explain the rest of the imagery? I'm sure I heard somewhere that it was inspired by Plato's Atlantis and McQueen (even though the fashion i mostly Mugler) but i'm not sure.

The McQueen inspiration was essentially in the makeup

01580fullscreen.jpg

TimisaMonster

I think the cover in question is the BTW Album cover.. not the single..

Oh... :laughga:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

gagzus

This should've been the cover to be honest

lady_gaga___born_this_way_by_hollisterco

nah idts, this doesn't say anything about the album tbh, where as the actual cover does imo

crisTEAne

let's not forget about the heart of the entire BTW era: living halfway between reality and fantasy. the cover reinforces this idea: half human, half motorcycle. plus, as someone stated before, it also represents the way she perceives herself as an artist: a vehicle for her fans. esentially, a blank canvas onto which the creative ideas can be projected and thus the dialogue between her and her fans can begin. it's beautful. :nick: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Creyk

This should've been the cover to be honest

lady_gaga___born_this_way_by_hollisterco

Was that not the TEOG single cover? 

Archived