đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga ever explain the BTW artwork in full?

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

I know she told us the reason for the actual cover image, but did she ever explain the rest of the imagery? I'm sure I heard somewhere that it was inspired by Plato's Atlantis and McQueen (even though the fashion i mostly Mugler) but i'm not sure.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

Even if she did, we wouldn't get it *insert video of her trying to explain on tv what ARTPOP was about*

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

gagzus

Even if she did, we wouldn't get it *insert video of her trying to explain on tv what ARTPOP was about*

in her defence that video was from when she had been up for like... 48 hours straight doing work with Rob Wilson lol

artpopmess

in her defence that video was from when she had been up for like... 48 hours straight doing work with Rob Wilson lol

It's still pretty embarrassing. But also pretty funny 

TimisaMonster

The background is supposed to be a black void as she drifts into the unknown

The acid wash jeans are a tribute to the 80's and her childhood NY upbringing...

The "horns" are a representation of creative excitement... When she's feeling creative she said her bones come out. Plus, like you said it was a tribute to the make up worn during McQueen's Atlantis runway show

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

evgenigerm2

It's just be a motorcycle, cause it's fashionable :adam:

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

monsterdreams

Tbh it was probably like 

"guys, I've decided motorbikes are f**king cool. Put my face on one" 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

VOLANTIS

The background is supposed to be a black void as she drifts into the unknown

The acid wash jeans are a tribute to the 80's and her childhood NY upbringing...

The "horns" are a representation of creative excitement... When she's feeling creative she said her bones come out. Plus, like you said it was a tribute to the make up worn during McQueen's Atlantis runway show

I think the cover in question is the BTW Album cover.. not the single..

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

artpopmess

ohhh that - i dont find it funny...i find it extremely deep and interesting...oh and cool :awkney:  

very cool and very interesting

Robinladen

Idk, I did think she once said the artwork and tour were inspired by the visuals of older heavy metal groups.

But does she ever really explain her work? Not that often so I don't think she ever really explaied the cover either.

samuelx

I thought she said the motorcycle was the vehicle for her fans, like she can create things because of her fans, and vice versa.

Supersonic

"The vision is of me in an endless journey. I am a vehicle. I am a vehicle for all of the ideas. And I'm not riding away or towards anything, I'm just in endless state of creativity."

Archived