💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would Aura have been more successful than Applause as a lead single?

Warholian

Featured Posts

No, Applause, Do What U Want or Gypsy are the only songs on ARTPOP that sound like they'd be a successful lead single.

The three least experimental songs on the album lol. Some of her biggest hits were very experimental.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

Auraaaaa Aaaa aaaa, Auraaa Aaaa Aaaa

I got really excited when I heard it, when Boris leaked it :lolgaga:

I think it would have resulted similar to Applause in the charts, but I think it was a better choice. It described ARTPOP even better than Applause

No, Aura was bashed when it leaked, most people did not like it. It is my personal belief as well that having it as the album opener hurt the album itself. Having that long intro followed by the hahahaha isn't a good way if you mean to be successful commercially. That said, I do love Aura.

http://www.idolator.com/7475609/lady-gaga-burqa-leak-new-song

"“Aura” is all of the best and worst things about Lady Gaga amplified. It kicks off with weird filtered vocals, like a terrible Nancy Sinatra affectation, then yields to a Halloween-goofy, dissonant “Ha ha ha” bit, as clownish as “Monster Mash,” before big, brazenly conventional EDM production struts in, tinny and uninspiring. It feels like “Government Hooker,” but messier, less cohesive, and more annoying. Her pronunciation is garbled. Her voice sounds dry. It’s a miss."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-leak-aura-601952

Psychedelic

It is a better song but Applause is by far more radio-friendly. So NO!

DWUW or Venus would've slayed as 1st singles 

vertigostick

Hell no! Thank God Applause was chosen instead!

Aura would have been a big fat flop, the chorus is fine but those verses are way too aggressive for radios and casual listeners, they would hate it.

Slayer

No. Only Gypsy would have beaten Applause (and potentially Roar too).

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

8Bit Heart

Doubt it would have... Applause has "hit" written all over it - it's catchy, as much as it doesn't really resonate with the public lyrically. Can't say the same for Aura... 

BricksNStrings

Applause sounds more like a hit, but Aura packs such a massive punch and is so "gaga" that I think it would have done well. It is in-your-face in the best way possible. The "burqa" mention controversy and inevitable Beyonce-featured video would probably make up for its less conventional sound.

I think both songs could have been bigger hits under different circumstances though.

Tommy Monster

Of course it would have done better, that song is a shocker, itŽs the crazy ride that Gaga always goes for, the definition of insanity :gaga: 

There was some reasons to AURA cant be the lead single ? Because of Applause is the best of ARTPOP :whitney:

NO.

But if it didn't leaked, it would've been successful if it was release as a single, considering it is also the sequel to Paparazzi and Telephone. :giveup:

All I ever wanted was đŸ…»đŸ…ŸđŸ†…đŸ…Ž

Archived