celeb

Will Taylor have her decline next era?

boiswifty

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Probably not the next album, but the next...and then her "decline" will still outsell all the other female artists, so that's really not a decline. 

I would say she has at least a couple of more albums that will be top sellers. Five to seven albums, selling the numbers Taylor is doing, puts her in elite company. Then she could take some time and pursue other interests, start a record label, write songs for others, of go back to country...at least partially...if she wants to do something a little different. 

Spock

Why should I stay bothered when you're the one with false numbers?

Out of the three receipts I just slapped you with, one was shipments and not actual sales which wasn't that far from what you were finding "delusional", forgive me your royal majesty. You're the one who's always just there in every Taylor thread liking passive aggressive posts and trying to discredit her, so you obviously seem to be a tinsy bit bothered :love:

who will love me when the night is over

Justin Drew Bieber

Hopefully to see all the bandwagoners mad :p I like Taylor as a person but it's the fans who ruin her for me...

Merier Care

definitely lol

people are getting enough of her.

especially since she's ranting about katy who did literally nothing. they realize how much of an immature brat she is.

LoveandMagic

I don't think Taylor will decline next era. She seems to know what the GP and radio audience wants. She always has excellent sales.

However considering all the recent topics of a similar nature, why are people so eager for or anxious about pop artists having a flop era? Does everything in life have to be a pissing contest about whose pop star is "on top" based on superficial stuff like charts and sales? 

If Taylor has a decline of both it won't end her career. She could "flop" in every sense of the word and she would still be famous, a well known singer, rich, pretty, and have tons of fans.  Nothing to stop her from releasing another album. Just like everyone ragged on Gaga for her last two solo efforts, yet many considered Born This Way music and performances some of her best work, others considered  the "super flop" ARTPOP their favorite album and they became a fan because of it. Sorry in her case she didn't top charts that didn't matter, she's still here and would still be a household name, because the fashion, music, and experience of the Almighty G would remain long after everyone forgets about that dumb sh*t. I suppose management and people probably only cling to that stuff if the artist in question has nothing else to brag about (such as talent or innovation). I would argue Gaga's decline seemed much more hectic (or was) because she was suffering from depression and was already a huge controversial figure. Lots for the media to go after. If the same happened to Taylor I doubt she would lose that much personally, because she's not controversial to begin with and there is really only so much the media could go at her for that won't make THEM look like total bullies.

Same goes with Katy, Rhianna, Beyonce, whomever. People seem so eager for someone to fall, but why? None of these people will disappear. They've built a good foundation. Their fans won't disappear, at least not after one mediocre era, they aren't going to wind up waitressing the next day, what do people want or expect to happen exactly?

Let's look at Katy. People say she's declining right now. Okay, say that's true. She will still put out an album next cycle that will make a profit, she's too big of a household name. She still has her looks and a very bubblegum image that advertisers love, so she will find a way to finance a decent tour that will keep her fans happy until the next album. Again, she's not controversial, so the media won't have much to come at her with.

And I'm not attacking the OP or getting overtly excited, I just noticed a lot of people keep questioning Taylor's future success (the same way they do Madonna, Katy, etc) like they are all in danger of disappearing. That will not happen.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

StrawberryBlond

If not the next one, then the one after, definitely. Overexposure and some recent backlash means there'll be an element from the media and public of wanting to see her fail next time and simultaneously, making the fans have even higher expectations. That's what happened with Gaga and BTW. It was like the media thought "She's had her time at the top, it's time for the steady downfall to begin then we'll move on to the next big thing." Meanwhile, our expectations were so high after she'd promised us album of the decade. The end result was the album was well receieved but not praised to high heaven, it didn't sell the mega millions the label wanted it to and some fans were a bit disappointed and thought TFM was better. The same could happen to Taylor. The world doesn't want one person on top for long, which is why there's normally a different bestselling artist every year and a different act who sweeps the Grammys every year. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Madonna and Mariah were unstoppable right from their debut but it all started to go wrong a decade in. Taylor is just under a decade into her career. So, this is the ultimate test of endurance. Whatever happens, one thing is certain: you can't have 2 back-to-back albums selling around the 9 million mark, not in this day and age.

Sister

Probably, but I only think that, IF she keeps complaining and gets media attention for it too often.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ryhanna

I don't think she'll completely bomb with her next album, but I definitely can't see it being as big as 1989. 

That said, it's very likely she'll have a significant decline eventually. It's kind of inevitable. You can't maintain such a high level of success forever. It happened to Gaga, too.

Taylor Swift: 6M
Fearless: 9M
Speak Now: 5M
Red: 6M
1989: 9M

She's going to continue slaying, as always.

What's new? :applause: 

-

Guys, deal with it. She is gonna stay. :yes: 

LePetitGAGABLover

What's new? :applause: 

-

Guys, deal with it. She is gonna stay. :yes: 

NO ONE stays and slays FOREVER though. If so, show me the receipts.

Harry

If not the next one, then the one after, definitely. Overexposure and some recent backlash means there'll be an element from the media and public of wanting to see her fail next time and simultaneously, making the fans have even higher expectations. That's what happened with Gaga and BTW. It was like the media thought "She's had her time at the top, it's time for the steady downfall to begin then we'll move on to the next big thing." Meanwhile, our expectations were so high after she'd promised us album of the decade. The end result was the album was well receieved but not praised to high heaven, it didn't sell the mega millions the label wanted it to and some fans were a bit disappointed and thought TFM was better. The same could happen to Taylor. The world doesn't want one person on top for long, which is why there's normally a different bestselling artist every year and a different act who sweeps the Grammys every year. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Madonna and Mariah were unstoppable right from their debut but it all started to go wrong a decade in. Taylor is just under a decade into her career. So, this is the ultimate test of endurance. Whatever happens, one thing is certain: you can't have 2 back-to-back albums selling around the 9 million mark, not in this day and age.

How can you say anything is for certain? No one thought any artist would achieve the numbers Adele did with 21 ever again and she did it... No one could've probably predicted 1989's success either. I know how much you love to put down artists but it's really not that easy to predict how whole eras will perform before they've even been conceived.

Archived