band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poison girl

In my head since I woke up. :air::wub:

lol

tumblr_o651tvVgpK1rvukxxo4_r1_400.gif

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

lego

So this new photo of Ville from last week caused some meltdowns:emma:

13305044_1018079741620366_41581431657838

many fans didn't like it, he looks a lot older than he actually is. I think the issue is lighting and lack of eyebrows. :D

So I was playing with my photo apps

yd125lD.jpg

cbW0Y9U.jpg

mRrppPJ.jpg

damn watermark lol

SEIKZ5d.jpg

So what do you think? 

FreePalestine

Sister
3 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

So this new photo of Ville from last week caused some meltdowns:emma:

many fans didn't like it, he looks a lot older than he actually is. I think the issue is lighting and lack of eyebrows. :D

So I was playing with my photo apps

yd125lD.jpg

cbW0Y9U.jpg

mRrppPJ.jpg

damn watermark lol

SEIKZ5d.jpg

So what do you think? 

I like it anyway. Can you post some of those comments here? I just want to read some and I looked at HIM almanac and wasn't able to translate any. I saw a lot of long comments. I think the portrait suits his Gothic poetic soul.

The truth that could set souls free
Is buried within sweet pandemonium
Concealed by disbelief
The riddle stays veiled in sweet pandemonium

Drained by the anger and grief
Fazed by the envy and greed
The secret cries for a release
The lucidity hidden deep in sweet pandemonium

The truth that could set souls free
Is buried within sweet pandemonium
Concealed by disbelief
The riddle stays veiled in sweet pandemonium

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

lego

@Sister you can see some comments here

https://m.facebook.com/studio1851/photos/a.843489165746092.1073741831.838783229550019/1018079741620366/?type=3&comment_id=1018156638279343&notif_t=like&notif_id=1464693814892545&ref=m_notif

look under those with many replies, some people took it too far. 

it's all about lights and shadows imo

giphy.gif

but it's art

FreePalestine

poison girl
4 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

I don't like the picture, but don't hate it either. The fact is he is much prettier and better looking than that. Hell, even supermodels say that they look like crap with bad lighting. I am not surprised about the comments tho, today everything's about f****g looks and judging.

It is the night of the witch tonight and the vengeance is hers for as long as she stands by Him ♡

Sister
22 minutes ago, poison girl said:

I don't like the picture, but don't hate it either. The fact is he is much prettier and better looking than that. Hell, even supermodels say that they look like crap with bad lighting. I am not surprised about the comments tho, today everything's about f****g looks and judging.

This all reminds me, back in 2003 W magazine had these special photos of successful all time model, Kate Moss and people and fans were mortified. lol. I remember because I am a fan of hers. I didn't mind them, because they are truthful, honest and it IS art.

cess_moss_01_v.jpg

Photos by Chuck Close

4922a614e688615c8978e46416cf84b6.jpg

Here is an article on his photography.

http://reelfoto.blogspot.com/2011/06/chuck-close-not-so-typical.html

A quote:

Sometimes, the old methods work best for certain occasions. This is what the legendary portrait artist Chuck Close proved when he created these beautiful photographic portraits using the more than 150 year old process of the daguerreotype.

It is all interesting and alluring.

poison girl

That's it @Sister. Lighting is everything when it comes to portraits. I am Kate's fan too, love her face and style. I can't say she looks bad on those pics, but she is definitely better looking than that. Like Ville.

As you have said

28 minutes ago, Sister said:

they are truthful, honest and it IS art

It is all interesting and alluring.

Sister
5 minutes ago, poison girl said:

That's it @Sister. Lighting is everything when it comes to portraits. I am Kate's fan too, love her face and style. I can't say she looks bad on those pics, but she is definitely better looking than that. Like Ville.

As you have said

Yes agreed and Kate has always had the best personal street style. Did you look at the article? The others of Kate Moss are pictured there, her nudes. You can tell just how much a difference is made in Ville's pictures, as @YourSweet666 has played around with the image in apps. Ville is still quite baby faced and Forever handsome.

poison girl
1 hour ago, Sister said:

Yes agreed and Kate has always had the best personal street style. Did you look at the article? The others of Kate Moss are pictured there, her nudes. 

Yes! That's why I used to have a folder full of candid pics of her. :stalkga:

I looked at the article, nudes are amazing. :wub:

1 hour ago, Sister said:

Ville is still quite baby faced and Forever handsome.

Yeah, he is a vampire, he will always be beautiful. :air:

Who can be prettier than this?

RockAmRingVHV.gifRockamring2.giftumblr_nratamG7pU1smsmqro1_500.giftumblr_mx1ez31J1H1qffi59o5_250.gif

:giveup:

poison girl

@Sister you are killing me with that song and video. :giveup: And thank you for that. :hor:

Gonna go kill myself a bit more...:air:

poison girl

Hahah @YourSweet666 you came just to finish me I see. :air:

Love U :hug:

poison girl

@YourSweet666 or @Sister can one of you girls find me the video, it's fan made, it has remix of one of their songs (Soul on fire I think) and there's some girl moaning and screaming in the background. lol I think Sis posted it once and I found it so hilarious. Need to see it again. :excited2:

Archived