💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP isn't as successful as it should've been?

BoomMonster

Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?

Featured Posts

BoomMonster

I may be the only one thinking this way but:

Music Industry doesn't welcome people who want to turn the system around - the seek people who will obey and do anything high people tell you. After BTW, Gaga started giving her comments regarding the industry, exposing its good and bad sides, telling about betrayals and trying to get more power in her art.

As a result, many "talent development programs" within the industry decided to show who's the king and introduce a new artist to the public - an artist who would steal all the spotlight off Gaga - Miley Cyrys. During this time, a lot of fans wen't from Gaga to Miley (fact, especially after looking at sales, YT views, comments/likes and threads on ATRL). Gaga continues her rebellious mission, with DWUW and G.U.Y videos, Doritos concert aat SXSW etc..

She barely gets any attention in the media, radio and TV...

A lot to say, but she's no longer useful for the industry - she had her moment and now Gaga tries to break all the influential chains, which she is bound with...

Agree or not?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

You seem to represent the music industry as a person who wants to "get back" at Gaga.

I think that's a big misconception. The only thing that keeps the game rolling is money. Gaga can say whatever she wants, as long as she keeps doing well. I don't think that her decline in success is a deliberate attack from the industry. Remember that Gaga herself said Interscope was her true supporter.

I think it's the other way around. Gaga is doing worse (for a reason I don't know) and that might have consequences on her place in the music industry indeed, but only because she's not as profitable, commercially speaking, as before. I think that's all there is to it :shrug:

Diamond Heart

Every week, same thread just worded slightly differently. 

Edit - 'fact, especially after looking at sales, YT views, comments/likes and threads on ATRL'

Mess at you using ATRL as an example, ATRL is a cesspool of hatred which does NOT represent the public in any way shape or form. People on ATRL say all sorts of stupid things,  that Selena Gomez is the Mexican Madonna, Katy is female MJ, that Miley has had more of an impact on pop culture than Gaga and were 150% confident that Applause was gonna beat Roar in the charts war.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Laceface

No. If she does I probably won't be here for her music anymore, there's already enough main stream generic trash in the charts  :miley:

An artist can express all the negative rants he/she wants against the "system" and still slay the charts... as long as the material is strong enough for people to keep buying. It may turn off some sectors of the industry such as radio stations, but with the presence of the internet and social media, dictating what should be a hit no longer lies solely to the industry executives. If the great majority truly like a song, they'd dictate the industry - not the other way around. 

Didymus

An artist can express all the negative rants he/she wants against the "system" and still slay the charts... as long as the material is strong enough for people to keep buying. It may turn off some sectors of the industry such as radio stations, but with the presence of the internet and social media, dictating what should be a hit no longer lies solely to the industry executives. If the great majority truly like a song, they'd dictate the industry - not the other way around. 

You said what I wanted to say in a much better way :applause:

Yanko

No. If she does I probably won't be here for her music anymore, there's already enough main stream generic trash in the charts  :miley:

Willy Wonka

Promotion. Promotion. Promotion.

And sloppy lyrics.

And attempting to make music for her fans rather than just making music that she wants.

Yanko

gagas singles were never basic and generic but she got those #1 s and #2 s..... ARTPOP isn't doing well because of the dwyw video some ppl are still thinking that it will be released bad manegment is the main reason,,g.u.y doesn't even have a promo i mean wtf? im sure applause would have done better if it wasn't released early  :ohwell:  :lana:

MikeyMoonShine

No, it's not some conspiracy against Gaga it's a number of factors. 

The BTW era was very over the top and she was over hyped, people started getting annoyed/bored with her preaching and stunts. 

There is this for the fans/ for the gays opinion on her

She's not very good at promoting her singles. She pays to much attention to promo singles and damages the momentum of her actual singles in the process.  

The whole art thing is obviously something most people don't get, at all. 

The album was not well received either, I like the album but I think for most people the EDM train has passed. 

I think Gaga should do as she pleases but this is just where we are at now and we have to deal with it and accept it. 

Tommy Monster

It´s simple, because of BTW :ohwell: no one can deny that, people got sick of her, cause she was everywhere, preaching and preaching and preaching + the music on BTW wasn´t exactly what "album of the decade" sounds like :awkney: 

La Primavera

It's just that the promo this era after Applause has been a total mess.

And she's just not the IT girl rn, Katy and Miley are the IT girls rn

The true problems:

- the material isn't catchy or fresh or trendy, it's dated

- the wait for the era was too long, she lost fans because of that

- the Troy split and the depression and the other things that didn't go as planned - the VMA performance, international promotion, Applause release/leak, DWUW video, Venus single release..

- the long break after December made the album lose momentum.

Dunk96

Every week, same thread just worded slightly differently. 

Edit - 'fact, especially after looking at sales, YT views, comments/likes and threads on ATRL'

Mess at you using ATRL as an example, ATRL is a cesspool of hatred which does NOT represent the public in any way shape or form. People on ATRL say all sorts of stupid things,  that Selena Gomez is the Mexican Madonna, Katy is female MJ, that Miley has had more of an impact on pop culture than Gaga and were 150% confident that Applause was gonna beat Roar in the charts war.

Archived