💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Gypsy really a potential smash?

mic

Featured Posts

I just think it's a good summer song ... at least here in germany I can imagine radio playing it over and over again, just like they did and do it with Roar and Unconditionally :derpga:

this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marry the Night is still a good song. Just by the time the single came out, the BTW era had ultimately collapsed beneath itself from bad decisions.

Marry the Night would've smashed, if kept as the first single as intended.

I don't really buy that. I mean You And I had a pretty good amount of success in the US. She was still pretty popular when MTN was released. She was going very strong, and people just didn't want that song. I think the biggest mistake was not releasing a sixth single.

Jester

Sexxx Dreams is really what the public are waiting for though :manicure:

You guys were saying the same about G.U.Y. and...

I'm not saying it's a flop because it still has time to become big if she starts some promo, but trust me, the public you're talking about is not here for so explicit and overly s-xual lyrics from her.

Knife

There's literally no momentum to release "Gypsy" as a single. Maybe if "G.U.Y." had been received a little better there would be a little more precedent, but that didn't happen, and she's about to go on a world tour.

The Edge of Glory peaked higher than Applause (at #3) and outsold it as well.

It also had some of the best sales/airplay ratio she's ever had.

:wtf:

"Marry The Night" then. I try to repress my memories of the singles that flop. :pawsup:

Maybe it's just me, but I get a very folk vibe from Gypsy. Like a folk/electronic/pop mash. I think it would do very well on the charts.

There's literally no momentum to release "Gypsy" as a single. Maybe if "G.U.Y." had been received a little better there would be a little more precedent, but that didn't happen, and she's about to go on a world tour.

"Marry The Night" then. I try to repress my memories of the singles that flop. :pawsup:

giphy.gif

At this rate nothing on ARTPOP will smash so

You guys were saying the same about G.U.Y. and...

I'm not saying it's a flop because it still has time to become big if she starts some promo, but trust me, the public you're talking about is not here for so explicit and overly s-xual lyrics from her.

I never said GUY would smash. I've been #TeamSexxxDreams since last September tbh. I wouldn't have chosen GUY as a single at all, but that's not really my call :emma: Although I just realized that, aside from LoveGame, she's never really released an explicitly s-xual song. It could go either way.

Seeka

I don't really buy that. I mean You And I had a pretty good amount of success in the US. She was still pretty popular when MTN was released. She was going very strong, and people just didn't want that song. I think the biggest mistake was not releasing a sixth single.

Really? I am pretty sure that not really all that many singles were doing well, especially after Judas.

Though honestly, everyone kind of agrees, the single selection for the Born This ay era was a mess. I do thoroughly still think I am right. Marry the Night was a good song, everyone just blames it for the collapse of the Born This Way era, when that just isn't true.

VersaceKing

If "G.U.Y." isn't a hit, what makes people think "Gypsy" will be a smash? Do you not remember how "The Edge of Glory" went down?

it was #3! I don't think that it'll be bad for Gypsy - it'll be the BIGGEST PEAK OF ARTPOP'S SINGLES.

elijahfan

Believing any song on ARTPOP has smash potential in the current context is pretty delusional, if you ask me.

Really? I am pretty sure that not really all that many singles were doing well, especially after Judas.

Though honestly, everyone kind of agrees, the single selection for the Born This ay era was a mess. I do thoroughly still think I am right. Marry the Night was a good song, everyone just blames it for the collapse of the Born This Way era, when that just isn't true.

The Edge of Glory peaked at number 3 and was huge in the summer of 2011. You And I didn't have world-wide success, but it was received very well in the US. It peaked at number six, the same as Paparazzi. And those were after Judas, which "ruined" the era supposedly. Your singles don't simply go from high charting positions to #29 just because it's the 5th single. She could have released a sixth single and it might have done well, but we'll never know.

The singles were a mess. But I don't think we need to blame Judas for the Marry The Night's performance when there were two big hits in between.

Nothing from Gaga will be hit potential ever again I'm afraid

The GP is over Gaga and has moved onto the likes of KP Miley and Lorde

Archived