💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic"

YUNGVERSACE

Featured Posts

full thing here, I think its a pretty accurate a--lysis: http://gaga--lysis.tumblr.com/post/37159579788/lyric-a--lysis-marry-the-night

By Gaga saying that "skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic", my view is that she’s equating a skeleton gun - the tool used to help you build things, and physically seal them - to a metaphorical “building†or “sealing†of a relationship.

In Marry the Night she sings about committing to the night (something unknown, but also something full of endless opportunity), and in the video she recounts a stylized version of her time with Def Jam and subsequent contract with Interscope. So there are a lot of metaphors working at once, here.

Gaga uses marriage (the most significant and emotional kind of relationship you can create) to symbolize her highly significant relationship with her music, and her identity as an artist. Even when committed to a label, or in a romantic relationship, the most important pairing is Gaga + music.

Gaga is proclaiming just how impenetrable her commitment is to music: it’s water tight, air tight… no question. Nothing will get between them.

Skeleton guns = her guarantee to commit

Are wedding bells = her relationship with music

In the attic = music/career that’s genuine and long-lasting

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

It means that you need to come to terms with your past (skeletons in your closet if you will) if you want to move on with your life. Instead of viewing your past struggles as 'skeletons'.. marry them (see them as wedding bells), make them a part of you/accept them so they no longer hold you back.

OMFG THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE WHY DO I ONLY GET THIS NOW GAGA YOU LYRICAL GENIUS! MELBHAWKER YOU LYRICAL InTERPRETATOR GENIUS :worship:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

I thought it was "skeleton guns and wedding bells in the attic" :flop:

So did I and it makes more sense tbh :miley:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

YUNGVERSACE

It means that you need to come to terms with your past (skeletons in your closet if you will) if you want to move on with your life. Instead of viewing your past struggles as 'skeletons'.. marry them (see them as wedding bells), make them a part of you/accept them so they no longer hold you back.

This is actually a really good explanation and it does make a lot of sense :applause: :applause:

Not at all. Does nobody know what a skeleton gun is?

I had no idea wtf a skeleton gun was tbh :rip:

full thing here, I think its a pretty accurate a--lysis: http://gaga--lysis.tumblr.com/post/37159579788/lyric-a--lysis-marry-the-night

Yeah this makes sense too tbh :applause: I had no idea what a skeleton gun was before I made this thread lmfao

holy scheisse

I thought it was "skeleton guns and wedding bells in the attic" :flop:

I thought it was "skeleton guns or wedding bells in the attic"  :flop:

kaojen

My friends and I always say she's saying 

"Scared of Tim Gunn with wedding bells in the attic" lol

MelbHawker

Melb. Honey. You're a genius :hug:

:legend:

BRILLIANT

OMFG THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE WHY DO I ONLY GET THIS NOW GAGA YOU LYRICAL GENIUS! MELBHAWKER YOU LYRICAL InTERPRETATOR GENIUS :worship:

This is actually a really good explanation and it does make a lot of sense :applause: :applause:

tumblr_n2gdhnnjDl1qbi1f7o6_250.gif

Bow down before you new Queen, me, MelbHawker. 

MelbHawker

Not at all. Does nobody know what a skeleton gun is?

I spy a lessor doubting my genius status. Gurl, it's a metaphor. When one talks about a skeleton in the context of their own life, they refer to someone or something that has negatively affected them in their past that they hide within themselves. Adding 'gun' on the end of skeleton could maybe mean that in Gaga's life - her skeletons have affected her so badly that she has at some point felt they could've ended her life. It's open for interpretation.. but like, if you showed my ideologies about MTN (my ultimate jam) to Queen Gaga, she'd knight me.

JDiZj.jpg

Don't challenge me gurl. 

Zsolti

:cryga:

:dies:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

FrozenKookie

Should've read this 3 years ago.

Archived