Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Once and for all: Venus or DWUW

GypsyHaus

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was on this site.

Hopefully  the OP of this post in question will read this post.  Keep our fingers crossed.  Thanks. 

DWUW is such a better single choice and appealed to people outside this fan base. I ****ing love Venus but Do What U Want for me.

Furrrealzjuan

Venus seems fresher. While DWUW showed a different side of Gaga.... I still think Venus would have slayed! It's a creeper that eventually would have taken over because it's so catchy and fun.

SpadesToStart

DWUW all the way. If it had actually been planned as the second single, and gotten a well thought-out video, it would have gone top 5.

Venus would have been too weird for people, and I have a feeling the planned video was going to be especially weird and off-putting to the average joe.

Furrrealzjuan

DWUW all the way. If it had actually been planned as the second single, and gotten a well thought-out video, it would have gone top 5.

Venus would have been too weird for people, and I have a feeling the planned video was going to be especially weird and off-putting to the average joe.

I think people expect weird from Gaga when in comes to music videos.

I think people expect weird from Gaga when in comes to music videos.

That still doesn't make it a good thing. Her over the top weirdness is what turns people off from her because it comes across as desperate to the average joe.

Lord knows we don't need another one of these thread but I never got to get my two cents in before.

I think that the single change was partly Our faults. We were so thirsty for more of ARTPOP after applause, when the promo single DWUW came out we all bought it on the day of release. This made the song shoot to the top of itunes for several days. Then a day later some misguided suit at interscope or where ever looked at that (short term) demand and thought maybe this is the money making song, lets change the single. They then all basically pressured Gaga into using it, I feel like her hands were probably tied. But when she told us that it was her decision, I think she meant that she consented, but it wasn't what she wanted. 

I think that Venus could have been really successful if they didn't do the last minute single change. DWUW could have also done well if executed better, but I think that Venus would have smashed harder with a good video. 

I like both songs a lot but I like Venus better because its theatrical and different.

JustPokeHerFace

The single switch was the better idea. 

After 1 week, DWUW hit 13 in the US, whereas Venus hit 32 on the first week. Therefore, DWUW was the better decision commercially. 

As for the songs, I like DWUW slightly better. She sounds so powerful in the song. 

Archived