Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Let's get this straight

hughdancy

Featured Posts

3q425253qwewq

Denial to the fullest :lmao:

Discussing an era 3 years later to prove it's not a flop doesn't change the fact that it flopped in every way

She lost a substantial amount of support during that era 

BTW could have sold another 10 million copies 

It was still a hot ass mess from start to finish,

and Oh LOOK! ARTPOP is an even bigger hot ass mess

But if it helps you sleep @ night, w/e 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slade

Discussing an era 3 years later to prove it's not a flop doesn't change the fact that it flopped in every way

and Oh LOOK! ARTPOP is even a bigger hot ass mess

Negativity to the fullest tbh. :manicure:

3q425253qwewq

Negativity to the fullest tbh. :manicure:

No, it's realism

I dont drink the GGD Koolaid, so you're gonna have to deal with my opinion. 

hughdancy

Sorry but I disagree. BTW did have a slight negative impact on her career. Not as massive as this site makes out but still some.

I disagree again, sorry. I really don't think it had any impact on her career. BTW (song) was massive and the singles after that were all over the place. It's not like after BTW they all peaked at #32. Judas was at 10, but Y&I and TEOG fared much better. That coupled with the sold out tours implies to me that it didn't negatively affect her at all.

holy scheisse

Totally agree with all of this

except for your predictions about ARTPOP bc u cant know 4 sure :hor:

Slade

No, it's realism

I dont drink the GGD Koolaid, so you're gonna have to deal with my opinion. 

Whoa rude much :wtf:

hughdancy

She lost a substantial amount of support during that era 

and Oh LOOK! ARTPOP is an even bigger hot ass mess

But if it helps you sleep @ night, w/e 

Lmao the delusion tho

BTW's receipts PROVE it didn't flop.

3q425253qwewq

Lmao the delusion tho

BTW's receipts PROVE it didn't flop.

Sales and Charts dont mean crap so let's clear that now

The blowback you're seeing right now, and the reason GUY is sitting #500 on the radio

is because the GP and nearly everyone in the public - outside of the fanbase - was and is fed up with her.

That's a result of BTW,

and the handling of the ARTPOP era is even worse

Save your preachiness 

hughdancy

Sales and Charts dont mean crap so let's clear that now

The blowback you're seeing right now, and the reason GUY is sitting #500 on the radio

is because the GP and nearly everyone in the public - outside of the fanbase - was and is fed up with her.

That's a result of BTW,

and the handling of the ARTPOP era is even worse

Save your preachiness 

lmao mess @ you G.U.Y. at #500 has nothing to do with an album from 3 years ago :lmao:

go back to your pot (of gold :troll:) Smaug :derpga:

bionic

I disagree again, sorry. I really don't think it had any impact on her career. BTW (song) was massive and the singles after that were all over the place. It's not like after BTW they all peaked at #32. Judas was at 10, but Y&I and TEOG fared much better. That coupled with the sold out tours implies to me that it didn't negatively affect her at all.

Regardless of success. Gaga damaged herself with the whole "what's the second single?" mess by having Judas, TEOG AND Hair all come out right next to each other. TEOG was successful so she tried to quickly jump to that instead of Judas (which had tackily been released for Easter... :awkney: )    The exact same thing happened this time round with Venus and DWUW.

by the time MTN came around, very few cared. Nobody was here for a long video that made little sense. It take way too long to get to the poewrful imagery (i.e. the fire). I feel like choosing You & I as a single deterred a lot of fans, especially after the whole "you guys will choose my next single"

I'm split on whether the press blockade or w/e it was called helped or hindered her.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic.

buy bionic

3q425253qwewq

lmao mess @ you G.U.Y. at #500 has nothing to do with an album from 3 years ago :lmao:

go back to your pot (of gold :troll:) Smaug :derpga:

Actually is does, but I understand people like to view things through Rose Colored Glasses.

BTW  strongly changed her public perception - which is why she's struggling to bubble on the charts.

The messiness of this era is directly tied to the messiness and flopiness of her previous album;

it's like throwing limp spagetti @ the wall and hoping something sticks.

What happened last era and this era have just shown how much of a catastrophe things have been

Why, for example, do you think Gaga's central message of this era was "GAGA IS OVER" right from the very start?

Because in the eyes of everyone, including her, she realized her power had faded,

and it's still fading.

Love her to death just as much as anyone, but be honest. 

Btw is the fault for gagas ARTPOP flop cuz the GP hated the **** out of if, me myself didn't like the album from the first listen except maybe 4 songs, and ya BTW success is because of TFM slayage. #realityCheck #bye

hughdancy

Why, for example, do you think Gaga's central message of this era was "GAGA IS OVER" right from the very start?

Because in the eyes of everyone, including her, she realized her power had faded,

and it's still fading.

That has nothing to do with BTW :toofunny: you can't just expect to disappear from the public consciousness for close to 18 months (including the BTWB) and then come back and be on top of the world. Her hiatus + general public silence during the BTWB resulted in her decline.

Regardless of success. Gaga damaged herself with the whole "what's the second single?" mess by having Judas, TEOG AND Hair all come out right next to each other. TEOG was successful so she tried to quickly jump to that instead of Judas (which had tackily been released for Easter... :awkney: )    The exact same thing happened this time round with Venus and DWUW.

by the time MTN came around, very few cared. Nobody was here for a long video that made little sense. It take way too long to get to the poewrful imagery (i.e. the fire). I feel like choosing You & I as a single deterred a lot of fans, especially after the whole "you guys will choose my next single"

I'm split on whether the press blockade or w/e it was called helped or hindered her.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic.

I like that you're explaining your opinion in a coherent, non-hostile way. :hug: I'm fine to agree to disagree with you.

Btw is the fault for gagas ARTPOP flop cuz the GP hated the **** out of if, me myself didn't like the album from the first listen except maybe 4 songs, and ya BTW success is because of TFM slayage. #realityCheck #bye

:messga: people drastically overrate TFM era's responsibility in BTW's success. TFM came out over 18 months before, and it's singles weren't even super successful.

Archived