💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

mainly why BTW was a decline in Gaga popularity

Hedi

Featured Posts

I posted this in another thread but I'm curious if you agree BENoH.gif

Everything before was very 'forward' sonically [even if there was retro inspiration. it was used in a fresh way, or at least one that sounded more futuristically interpretive (Dance In The Dark is a good example) than throwback] , and BTW had a lot of - what some people saw as 'cheesey' - throwback vibes.. some disco and hair metal sentiments...and 90s melodies.. like in The Queen, Bad Kids, The Edge of Glory, Amen Fashion's verses etc.. And the heavy use of Fernando Garibay's production made songs seem similar.. and because these vibes ran throughout, I think it left a bad taste in some mouths, whilst many of the fans could appreciate Gaga's sensibility.. + affinity for these elements and message...

Not only was she everywhere promo-wise, but she was everywhere now with a message seen to people as preachy. Her 'pop' was no longer.. lay your hair back.. inconsequential fun bops, it was self help, focused on liberation of lgbt people.. this and now the indetification of Gaga's fanbase even more specifically seen as 'the outsiders' 'the losers' 'the troubled' 'the insecure' with 'Mother Monster' and her outreach.. it made people feel uncomfortable..  instead of buying into a pop song, people felt they were buying into the association of being a Gaga fan, and what it represented in 'BTW'.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond Heart

I dont mean to be rude because i respect your opinion and to some extent agree but this has literally been discussed on here like a million times. Like every other week a thread pops up saying basically the same thing.
We all know BTW was detrimental to Gaga's career.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Essence

I feel like I just time warped to Late 2011/Early 2012 :megaflop:

This has been discussed before. It was a risky career move but I'm glad she took that risk tbh.

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

Agreed, to a limited extent. ANother major reason the GP turned away from her was here imagery in the BTW era, which was scary and ugly.

Azor Ahai

imo people will like Born This Way much more than ARTPOP in a few years and there wasn't so much hate on her back in 2011. Her only bad move was to call her new album "art" while its pretty much another edm album like many others out there ( I still love it but that's what it is).

Mythos

I'm getting so sick of people blaming BTW for everything going wrong in her career...

AbandonThread_zps5d25e05e.gif

i dont want "fun bops", im hear for songs with meaning and intention. not "good *** in the passenger seat"

I dont mean to be rude because i respect your opinion and to some extent agree but this has literally been discussed on here like a million times. Like every other week a thread pops up saying basically the same thing.

We all know BTW was detrimental to Gaga's career.

I just wanted to know if someone agreed with my opinion tbh makeup.gif

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

This basically and i do agree to what some of the OP said

Yeah I agree for the most part. I think it was also just general backlash after being so overexposed and in your face with TFM. She did a lot of really polarizing things before BTW, like the Alejandro video, the Meat Dress, and the whole middle finger at the Mets game + being called a jerk by Seinfeld. Also, BTW was hyped to the heavens and that only set her up for failure.

I kind of think it's to do with her looks that era such as:

a88be0e231ec44ab9583303ab5284902.jpg

and

lady-gaga-harvard-3-1330594900-view-1.jp

i love gaga with all my heart but even i was like "erm..." with some of the looks. I was speaking a kinda sorta friend a while back about this and she was a Gaga fan up until BTW and she said she didn't like how Gaga looked like a grandma and that her looks were crazy but boring at the same time

It went "bad" because of horrible single choices and timing + she was basically 5 years in a row force fed to people, Gaga here Gaga there Gaga everywhere. It basically had nothing to do with the message or her looks, or else BTW (the song) would have been a flop instead of being her 3rd most successful song so far :ohwell:

Pierre

imo people will like Born This Way much more than ARTPOP in a few years and there wasn't so much hate on her back in 2011. Her only bad move was to call her new album "art" while its pretty much another edm album like many others out there ( I still love it but that's what it is).

I agree.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

I feel like I just time warped to Late 2011/Early 2012 :megaflop:

This has been discussed before. It was a risky career move but I'm glad she took that risk tbh.

Let's take a journey

giphy.gif

Archived