Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

mainly why BTW was a decline in Gaga popularity

Hedi

Featured Posts

Jay.P

Def shows what kind of person she is :yes: .. I'm sure it's one of her proudest moments.

True :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

She did shed some of the 'mainstream' fans.. but in the future.. she'll be remembered for making bold moves and statements.. with BTW having such a positive intent.. I think she'll be credited for actually using a voice [in pop especially.. which is usually inconsequential]. She really was ready to risk it all.. and take the crowd that disagrees.

I feel like Gaga is the person carrying the cross on her back many times.. even  with ARTPOP, she may be seen as pretentious, but her monologues about putting the power mainly back into the hands of the artist.. who the f*ck else is doing anything like that (no matter what effect it actually has the fact that she's actually doing something about it, no matter how it makes her look. Other pop artists don't want to be preachy, and would rather be inconsequential in order to be liked & marketable) - supporting and giving a voice to artists rights and integrity - especially in pop [being someone who's such a big figure as her] too?

:applause:  It's a scary time to be a Gaga fan, but also very exciting and will be rewarding in the long run. No one in her position is taking these kids of risks. And give me bold choices over complacency any day of the ****ing week.

Whispering

I'm really glad we got Born This Way though. It was brave of her to choose the peak of her career to release an album like BTW and spread her message, when she could've released any other album. It's still my favorite album of Gaga. :)

BTW is probably my least favorite album (overall) and much of the era I wasn't really feeling....BUT, this decision she made cemented me from major fan to stan! Even though the music wasn't my favorite, I saw a dedicated and bold artist, a visionary and a brave woman. Because of that, I'm very thankful to this particular era! :)

shaneybaby

btw is a fan favorite and turned people who were on the fence with her, off the fence lol 

it was to get a closer bond w fans and show them the real her with real feelings and emotion while her prior work was less raw and more pop-star. i loved the born this way album the most. i actually believe that if btw never existed and ARTPOP came out after tfm, she would be more "popular" today. but personally, i wouldnt be half the fan i am today without btw i truly believe that :) 

VforVendetta

Half the fans shading BTW and the other half shading ARTPOP. :FLOP:

Jay.P

BTW is probably my least favorite album (overall) and much of the era I wasn't really feeling....BUT, this decision she made cemented me from major fan to stan! Even though the music wasn't my favorite, I saw a dedicated and bold artist, a visionary and a brave woman. Because of that, I'm very thankful to this particular era! :)

That's really great :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

It was a lot of things, actually. I was just a casual fan before she released Born This Way. Around the time Alejandro was released she started becoming way too rediculus. It became too much about shock factor and people got tired of it. If she would have turned down the gimmicks and just focused on good music, that would have been the best thing she could have done at the time.

VforVendetta

i dont want "fun bops", im hear for songs with meaning and intention. not "good *** in the passenger seat"

Man its one song, get over it if you don't like it hip - hop. Just skip it, there is no way for you to shade ARTPOP.

imo people will like Born This Way much more than ARTPOP in a few years and there wasn't so much hate on her back in 2011. Her only bad move was to call her new album "art" while its pretty much another edm album like many others out there ( I still love it but that's what it is).

Just give me some examples.

Azor Ahai

Man its one song, get over it if you don't like it hip - hop. Just skip it, there is no way for you to shade ARTPOP.

Just give me some examples.

I won't give you examples because everyone will be like "how dare you compare Gaga with x artist! "

VforVendetta

I won't give you examples because everyone will be like "how dare you compare Gaga with x artist! "

Don't worry I won't. You won't find easily though because no matter if you wanna discredit AP or not the sound of it is not similar with what is now on radio. The fact that is EDM doesn't make it generic.

Azor Ahai

Don't worry I won't. You won't find easily though because no matter if you wanna discredit AP or not the sound of it is not similar with what is now on radio. The fact that is EDM doesn't make it generic.

To me it sounds like an avicii or calvin harris album covered by Lady Gaga. ( Don't hate me please) :hug:  

VforVendetta

To me it sounds like an avicii or calvin harris album covered by Lady Gaga. ( Don't hate me please) :hug:

Why would I hate you? :hug: I find it very untrue though tbh. There is no such complex production in these albusm, there as sick bits but from a different kind, like WMU. Also songs like Applause, Venus, Dope, Gypsy, Do What U Want, Jewels N Drugs etc don't excist on those albums. The concept is also very different from a usual EDM album. ARTPOP combines many different gernes so you can't really compare it with these more classic-EDM albums. Of course there are similarities but its music of the same kind after all. BTW has also many similarities with Pop of the 80s and 90s, that doesn't mean anything really. :yes:

Half the fans shading BTW and the other half shading ARTPOP. :flop:

:rip:

a hybrid can withstand these things

:laughga:

muhsinmonster

can people help me spread the message think about it 5000 students will share it with their friends and family lets do it monsters.My school is having a contest whichever video has the most views and likes will be played infront of the whole school. Watch and like mine so G.U.Y can be played infront of the whole school 5000 kids. Cmon monsters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7Tz62fv98

btw is a fan favorite and turned people who were on the fence with her, off the fence lol 

it was to get a closer bond w fans and show them the real her with real feelings and emotion while her prior work was less raw and more pop-star. i loved the born this way album the most. i actually believe that if btw never existed and ARTPOP came out after tfm, she would be more "popular" today. but personally, i wouldnt be half the fan i am today without btw i truly believe that :)

Omg that is verry true :smh:

I feel like BTW - besides the fashion - was punk in ways :laughga:

& so many statements about who she is and what she stands for within it.. in that era she really showed more humanity/who she is as a person and.. many fans came in because they respected her message of identity.. and she cleaned out some at the same time lol.

Archived